ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declaring a windscreen claim & NCB

So, im thinking about getting my windscreen replaced under my insurance as its got a few chips which look like they cant be repaired or worth being repaired, plus its scratched to f**k!

First thing is does it have an effect on NCB?
Secondly would a windscreen repair need disclosing when changing insurance companies?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
So, im thinking about getting my windscreen replaced under my insurance as its got a few chips which look like they cant be repaired or worth being repaired, plus its scratched to f**k!

First thing is does it have an effect on NCB?
Secondly would a windscreen repair need disclosing when changing insurance companies?

Not as far as i am aware, if i was you i would call autoglass, ask them if they have a Windscreen for the 172 as they are special. if they say yes and that they can do it then tell um yours is smashed and then hit it with a hammer :D

for me its only £75 excess and wont effect my no claims.

This is what i plan on doing as mine is so scratched that at night the glare is eye wateringly bad

Ford Mustang 5.0
Windcsreen claims dont generally affect your NCB or insurance pricing. There are a couple of the direct online companies that wont let you gain the years NCB that you are claimining for glas in.....http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3133598

We are a broker and deal with a number of different underwriters and none of them charge more or reduce NCB for Windscreen claims.

Best advice i can give is check your policy booklet under the glass claims section and it will expain in there how it works.

cheers
neil