ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decked 182

S

snooker03tom

Hiya guys im a newbie on this forum
Basically i just thought i would share a few pics with you to show you my car, i want your opinions. I bought the car off my mate a few months ago cheap because he cracked the gearbox in half, i did a gearbox transplant and now here she is after some ktec coilovers and a safrane splitter. Further mods for the future include full milltek exhaust, itg maxogen and a jms remap. i would also try and fit some 197 seats too because i love them.
Anyway thanks for looking and please tell me what you think.

BRUFOR_h250.jpg

Photo0644.jpg

Photo0646.jpg

Photo0648.jpg

Photo0650.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bet that drives like a pig but it looks bloody awesome!

Bristol car too! :]

Megane RS250
Looks good, needs a cup spoiler to finish it off, and when you say 197 seats I take you mean the recaros?

S

snooker03tom

it drives surprisingly well actually, i took it to a garage and got them to setup the camber and got it all tracked up too, scrubs on the arches abit when cornering hard and the splitter loves to kiss speedbumps but thats the way i want it to look so im happy to face the consequences.

S

snooker03tom

yeah the recaros, do you know if they are a straight fit in a 182 or will i have to make some custom subframes

S

snooker03tom

i quite like the look of the trophy/v6 spoiler tbh, may have to add that to the future mods ha

S

snooker03tom

haha it does look like it doesnt it. I can safely say that no springs are broken. Yeah badgerbite, potholes are a real nightmare, especially with those 40 profile tyres.

Audi TT 3.2
does looks nice thatg low, the 197 recaros need subframes i think, not too sure though.

S

snooker03tom

right thanks. Looks like il have to keep saving my pennies for abit though looking at the price of those seats even second hand :(

S

snooker03tom

haha thanks bud, yeah it is just about drivable, abit impractical. Speedbumps certainly slow you down. You just have to grit your teeth and face the consequences

looks good tom, me (your cousin) loves the lowness :eek: shock horror you have to leave your mark on the road whether it be splitter or the cat convertor son. Them seats your after are called recaro sportster but your right the genuine 197 versions look better with the renault sport logo on them was it?

Dan

S

snooker03tom

yeah dan i would prefer the genuine 197 seats with the renault sport logo on them.

chrispy.clio it does scrub abit in full lock and definately scrapes over the speedbumps but it isnt doing any damage to the car except scratching the underneath of the splitter.

st3ve i dont think i would have lowered it that much if i had paid full money for it. I got it cheap off a friend

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
That's never been low, this is low...

CIMG1017.gif

CIMG1024.gif

CIMG1026.gif

CIMG1030.gif

CIMG1037.gif

(thats even with the front wheels sat on 50mm of timber!)

In all seriousness though, yours looks mint! Good effort.

Clio Dymanique 1.2 16v
Definately liking it. I must say... rather low. But there's nothing wrong with that if you like it :D
I have been in a car (many times) that is about that low, maybe not as low, and potholes are HELL.
Looks awsome though. (Y)

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
lower than a snakes belly...

loving that mate, do you have a stock of splitters?.. :)

S

snooker03tom

haha, that makes mine look like its on stilt's. That is immensly low. What suspension setup have you got on the back then because mines as low as it wil go with the tiny coil springs and ktec dampers?

S

snooker03tom

lower than a snakes belly...

loving that mate, do you have a stock of splitters?.. :)

Thanks and no i dont, when i bought the car it didnt have one on it and i had seen the renault safrane splitter on another 182 and thought i need to get my hands on one of those. I prefer the safrane because its deeper compared to all the others you can buy. Makes it look even lower at the front end.

S

snooker03tom

Definately liking it. I must say... rather low. But there's nothing wrong with that if you like it :D
I have been in a car (many times) that is about that low, maybe not as low, and potholes are HELL.
Looks awsome though. (Y)

Yeah you deinately cant take you eyes off the road driving it, ive hit potholes in it before and it really isnt a nice experience.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
looks great that! low cars can be a pain but worth it if thats you're thing :)

Honest opinion, which you'll get used to.

It looks like the springs have all snapped, and I bet it would chuck itself into a ditch if driven with intent on any normal b-road. That's too low even for a track. Do you enjoy driving around not being able to navigate normal ramps and bumps? I doubt I could even get that on my drive. Epic.

Welcome to the club though x

S

snooker03tom

Honest opinion, which you'll get used to.

It looks like the springs have all snapped, and I bet it would chuck itself into a ditch if driven with intent on any normal b-road. That's too low even for a track. Do you enjoy driving around not being able to navigate normal ramps and bumps? I doubt I could even get that on my drive. Epic.

Welcome to the club though x

Thats fine, thats your opinion and im grateful, i dont expect everyone to like it. Im just a young lad who loves to see a car decked. Ive said on here before that i dont drive it much and and yeah im the kinda guy who likes to be different and to be honest i love the whole scrapage and speedbump dilema. Ive had it like that now for 2 months and it hasnt caused me any problems. The lower the better in my eyes and also how on earth can you disagree Bruce Forsyth haha. Thanks for looking anyway.