ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent Renault Garage in West Lothian

Cupped 182 with Milltek

Does anybody know a GOOD Renault Garage in West Lothian/Edinburgh?

Live in Linlithgow,not best impressed by Reg Vardy Livingston.bought my 182(with cup packs!) from RV in Edinburgh in Jan!

When will you be taking new members guys ,seems to have been on hold for ages?

Octavia VRS

Thats the only two official Renault garages I know. I bought my Clio from Renualt Livingston (before it was Reg Vardy) in 2003 and when my immobiliser packed in while the car was still under warranty the service was shocking. I think Reg Vardy Edinburgh is meant to be slightly better but thats not saying much!

There might be a Reanult garage in Seafield? Not sure tho.

Welcome by the way mate, Ive just moved to West Calder, originally from Broxburn. A few members around these parts.

Hopefully the membership stuff will be coming along soon, think they are waiting on this new forum to be up and running.

Cupped 182 with Milltek

There is an Arnold Clark in Grangemouth,but I have not had any dealings with them other than buying a new offside light after some t**ser smashed it in a car park!.was wondering about servicing really though!

Octavia VRS

I have heard bad stuff about Arnold Clark too mate, they all seem to be as bad as each other

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 23 July 2005

Thats the only two official Renault garages I know. I bought my Clio from Renualt Livingston (before it was Reg Vardy) in 2003 and when my immobiliser packed in while the car was still under warranty the service was shocking. I think Reg Vardy Edinburgh is meant to be slightly better but thats not saying much! There might be a Renault garage in Seafield? Not sure tho.

Welcome by the way mate, Ive just moved to West Calder, originally from Broxburn. A few members around these parts. Hopefully the membership stuff will be coming along soon, think they are waiting on this new forum to be up and running.

The decent Renault garage in Seafield Road is no more!! The Renault garage is now across the road from the previous one and is run by REG VARDY!!!!

Say no more!!! You might be better going over to Fife, Dunfermline? to get your car done!

Cupped 182 with Milltek

thanks for the welcome m8,dont see too many RS clios our way,there is 172 Cup in town and I have seen one other 182 regularly,RV in Edinburgh said that they had only sold about 9 since they had come out,seems a bit low to me mind!

Cupped 182 with Milltek

May just use the Renault Garage in Perth,as am up there often as my folks still live there,unless it too has succumbed to National Chain laziness!Found this with VW,bought a new GTTdi a couple of years ago,2 smashed sumps and questions about suspension and ground clearance and they were not interested,despite saying that "yes we seem to replace a lot of those" suddenly becomes no,there are no problems there!!

Cupped 182 with Milltek

by the way,the service manager from Livingston is now at RV in Edinburgh Sighthill!!!

Octavia VRS

yeh they seem to swap staff frequently mate. They did that pre Reg Vardy as well.

Sorry to bring disappointing news again but a guy I know in Fife says that the service he has received form the Renault garages in Fife is pretty bad as well. :(

Mikey (badinvincible off here) has a silver mk1 172, stevie172 had another silver mk1 172 (comon as muck ;)) which he sold to his girlfriend and Ive seen a guy with a 05 plate racing blue 182 in West Calder since Ive moved. You sometimes see the odd RS clio in Livingston. Seen a few in Edinburgh too. I only have a Mk2 phase 1 1.4 Clio, for my sins I decided to go for the stress of buying my own place when i could have been enjoying life staying at my folks with a new 182 outside!! :confused:

RV Edinburgh only sold 9 since they came out, I dunno if I believe that!

Cupped 182 with Milltek

better to buy your own place now,than wait!you can always get another new car but with the way prices of houses are going in our area,better be quick..:eek:

Cupped 182 with Milltek

Yes,had an Impreza Turbo b4 the Golf (dont ask!) and this is not far off on a dry day,used to drive the Dechmont to Linlithgow road a lot to go to Livi and to be honest the Clio feels as quick,maybe not off the mark but once going not a lot in it!in the wet then cheerio clio lol.That road has been totally resurfaced and its now a beaut!nice and twisty,crests and compressions (Death to Golf sumps,when NOT going for it!) need to take off the traction control though or it just gets in the way for a nice exit on the tighter bends.

Arctic Blue.

tiTTy & SV650

Arnold Clark arent as bad as folk make out, I use the Bearsden and Bishopbriggs ones near Glasgow and always get sorted. Just try and go to them knowing the fault so they cant fob you off.

Cupped 182 with Milltek

thanks for that matey,may well do,you never know till you have tried the buggers I spose,dont know anybody else with a Renault so handy forum.just waiting for membership to open again.;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I have vowed never to walk back through the door of RV in Livi. Bobby tehparts guy is the biggest tool around, any manager who tells a customer to f**k off after he had ordered the wrong part for me doesnt deserve any business. The reason they have sold so few is cos of their shocking service. Ask Cli0 172 the response he got from them. Big G also bought his 182 elsewhere. Luckily my car is well out of warrenty now as I refuse to let main dealers service it!

Cupped 182 with Milltek

So,all Renault dealers in the Lothians are staffed by muppets who couldnt give toss,unless they are trying to wrench your money to buy a car,that seems to be about the crux of the matter!Was not impressed by RV in Livi,I had to put my car into them to get the steering wheel aligned properly after I took delivery (no courtesy cars available in Sighthill - probably as they are the lesser of two evils so more customers!!) and pointed out another problem and was told that I would have to take it up with Sighthill where i Bought the car,they are both RV both renault main dealers but they wouldnt deal with it and also it would then be past the 2000 mile point and out of warranty!! which was never mentioned when I bought the car.VW may be pants too but at least there was never a time limit put on warranty items,I had new discs fitted after 4 months, free of charge on the Golf....arse!!

:mad: I feel a rant building.

VW ....

As John says Livingston are crap for sales & parts .... dont have one good word to say about em .

I have had parts & some dealings with Sighthill & overall i have been impressed with them .... personally i would be inclined to take my car there but then i know KDF from here has never had any luck with them so go figure lol

As my car has only done 8k :eek: from new i havent had to worry about servicing .

Cupped 182 with Milltek

mines just passing 3.5k so I have no real issues about it yet,but thought I would see what the consensis was about the local dealers,but as you say,I felt Sighthill to be the better of the Reg Vardy pair,but with the arrival of the service manager from Livi began to have doubts,certainly the experience of buying the car at Sighthill was very pleasant,with decent discount,a reasonable time for a test drive and good communications whilst the car was on order and when it arrived,i could not really fault them.The car was also immaculate and the only issue was minor and that was the steering wheel being out of alignment,they had also fitted the rear parking sensor ok.I had dealings over the wheel alignment with the bloke from Livi who was initially not keen to do it,wanted to inspect the car first despite it having less than 1k miles on it,claiming that they had had a lot of warranty claims that were not genuine.I felt that I had to fight just to get THAT done so was worried about my chances with a serious warranty issue with that bunch.Having said that it was sorted with no questions asked after that.puts you off though.

Cupped 182 with Milltek

Will do matey, But not immediately, was thinking of a Pipercross induction kit,will definitely fit Goodrich hoses as I had those fitted to the Scoob and the difference was incredible,maybe chip it later.But had enough trouble with Norwich Union just getting the Cup packs,the buggers have got those down as modifications despite being factory fitted!! But then how do you explain that to someone in Bombay whose first language is Urdo wll be changing company I think.The scoob had certainly been to Falkland Performance a few times...;) .Wife now drives this so need to tread carefully.When and where is the next social gathering?cant make anything before mid - late august though,a tad busy.Where do you tend to get together?

BMW 120i Sport

Well to be fair, Reg Vardy Livingston have always been good, prompt and helpful for me; but this was with warranty work - they even hoovered the car out for me each time i picked it up. Perhaps once the car is out of warranty, they might be a little less helpful.

However, their sales guys are pushy liars.

Peoples Ford were the same, aftersales service was shocking on old cars / second hand cars but anything brand new / under warranty and theyre quick to respond.

The only prob I had with RV Livi was that they said they found no fault when I took the car in for the squeeky suspension under full lock - they said "no fault found", but I got back in the car, reversed out and it squeeked.

Koevoet, what probs did you have with RV Livi?

Cupped 182 with Milltek

Only really the,business about getting my wheel realigned,but I did / do have wind noise from the nearside and a section of trim on the roof had a seal not seated correctly.The just kept mentioning the 2000 mile limit for adjustment of various odds and sods,and that for the trim etc I had to go back to Sighthill,the Service wallah had been bordering on the downright rude on the phone when I was just asking about getting the alignment done and the initial receptionist had been so snotty that thats why I was speaking to him in the first place.Not a good first impression of a sister dealership from that you have bought a car!in the end I fixed the trim myself as I couldnt be bothered with the excuses and agro.maybe i just caught them on a bad day,we all have them,we can be snotty to them too,maybe the had just had a mouthful of abuse themselves?

A well built VW

PARKS in dunfy used to be good when it was Glenvarigill , had nothing but crap service from their parts guys ordering wrong parts ad blaming me for it 3 trips for a washer jet ! - 24k service was ok when i had it done but they did pick up points that would need fixed for its MOT and they never did dont know if i would use them again TBH but there is a garage in Headwell dunfermline that used to be the reno dealer , not sure if they are any good tho will have to try them - luckily im out of warranty so i will just go to D&G Autocare in Dunfy as they are the best i have ever used

VW ....

Meets are held in various places but usually at Hermiston Gait

Keep an eye on the Meetings & Events section .... i dare say there will be one at some point in August .

Cupped 182 with Milltek

fraid I shall not be around then,busy up till 20th ish.seem to miss everything,thanks though.Must have been bad in another life...lol

R26

Well I bought my 182 from RV Livingston cos they gave it to me with both cup packs for just a smidgen over £12000 which was way way better than Sighthill Edinburgh would give it to me for - they were talking 13900 or so. However - I take the car to Renault Sighhill for Servicing as they are better for warranty work imo.

Not a Clio anymore.....

Wouldnt touch any Renault dealer.

Sighthill tried to tell me I needed a completely new manifold and were charging me £300+ because their computer was telling them that was the problem. It was just a gasket costing £15, lucky for me Im not as gullable as the ordinary punter, god knows how many folk they have ripped off!!!

The Ayr dealership also kept me car in for 3 extra days when changing a timing belt as they didnt know it was such a big job, yes because a Renault mechanic wont know anything about a Clio.....

Muppets the lot of em.