ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent clean and flash pics

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Well today the weather was nice for a change so i set about giving the clio a long overdue clean.

for the cleaning *****s i used:

2 bucket method with megs shampoo,
Autoglym tar remover where needed
front and rear bumpers where then subjected to the UDM with sonus SFX 1, 2 & 3, then finished with poorboys polish and sealant
and then i gave the rest of the car a quick going over with the poorboys too, applying it and buffing it with the UDM.
followed by tyre shine and back to black on plastics

4401638143_aff85493b4_o.jpg

4401639967_f8070bafa6_o.jpg

4401637279_2e99572a57_o.jpg

4402403970_435802162b_o.jpg

4401637701_75c27e9c3f_o.jpg

4401639623_f26ac76669_o.jpg

4401639123_ebe946b184_o.jpg

4401636789_df0420068d_o.jpg

4402405772_91a2d6e421_o.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
thanks guys :)

Just 2 canon 420EX speedlights with triggers and clamps to fit on my studio light stands, could do with a third one really

I've got 1 430EX at the moment with the wireless flash transmitter, looking at getting a 2nd one though for it to work as yours have.

How far away do you position the flashes and at what height?

Last edited:
  1.2 Dynamique billabong
it depends on the shot buddy normally between waist and head height and about 2m away, they do the ok for the price although at some point i will look into getting a travelpak which means i can use much more powerfull studio style lights on location (although they are like £1300 :( )

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
it depends on the shot buddy normally between waist and head height and about 2m away, they do the ok for the price although at some point i will look into getting a travelpak which means i can use much more powerfull studio style lights on location (although they are like £1300 :( )

Thanks for the info.

Oh forgot to ask.... are the flashes set on full power and are these handheld shots or using a tripod?

Sorry to be a pain :eek:

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Thanks for the info.

Oh forgot to ask.... are the flashes set on full power and are these handheld shots or using a tripod?

Sorry to be a pain :eek:

haha no problem mate

yeah i had to use full power in order to expose for the sky properly, it is worth keeping in mind inverse square law - this basically means if you double the distance of a light for example move it from 1m away from the subject to 2m then you are effectively quartering its power.

And when shooting with flash you dont really need a tripod these where all shot at around 1/160 and then just altered the aperture accordingly

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
haha no problem mate

yeah i had to use full power in order to expose for the sky properly, it is worth keeping in mind inverse square law - this basically means if you double the distance of a light for example move it from 1m away from the subject to 2m then you are effectively quartering its power.

And when shooting with flash you dont really need a tripod these where all shot at around 1/160 and then just altered the aperture accordingly

Thanks, i'll give it a try :D

E60 diesel powah
Very nice mate! 2 things though (sorry to be a noob) is the rear bumper a different colour? and the splitter get rid! megane ph1 will look miles better!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Love this car - and your tog skills are fancy :D

I ain't jealous (well not of the car anyway lol) :eek: