ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent camera or go pro?

As above. I'm doing a bit of travelling. Want some decent pictures/videos then mess around with them Will also want it to be waterproof if possible and also have a rechargeable battery pack, don't want to be messing with batteries all the time. Basically I need something for on the go if I don't come across power for a while if you see what I'm getting at.

I'm thinking go pro because of how good they seem to be and durable, but then they are pretty price you the higher spec you go.

Or could I get a decent camera that's quite durable/waterproof/decent charge.

Any recommendations? going to have a look about tonight.

Also not many models on the GoPro have a screen to see what you're shooting, how does that seem to work out?

Thanks

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Field of view of a GoPro is ridiculous. If you are pointing it at the right direction then you will get it in shot.
I'd go Gopro as you can get spare batteries too.. Not sure which one to go for though.
I've got a Hero, the cheapest one you can get and it's very limited on what you can do, but if you just want to video and take pictures then it would be fine. You can't add a screen or replace batteries on it though as it is all built in to the waterproof housing.
If you want to do timelapse (that isn't set at 3 shots a second) and mess about with the settings then the Hero isn't what you want.
Maybe the 3 or 4? Depends how much you will actually use it too.