ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat question

BG 182, BMW 320d
I know this question has probably being asked before but don't really want to search through the forum. I know that a decat will throw up a light on my dash but is there anyway of preventing this ? (like a spacer or something)

Cheers

Trophy Turbo :)
Hello Tommy

Few options to sort this, 1) a Sensor spacer can indeed help this keeping the sensor out of the direct stream of gas, 2) On a Angle to again slow down the way the sensor reads the gas flow and the best option 3 ) Get a Map on the car that removes the 2nd Sensor so that cel light wont show, this is my opinion is the best way of doing it

renault clio 1.4 16v
decat only sometimes brings up a light, mine hasnt, some people have tied it next to the pipe out of the way but just be aware that the sensor has a heating element and will get hot... so if u do tie it up somewhere... make sure its not next to something that will melt... or... bolt on a mini cat to fool the sensor...