ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat Fitting Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Not sure its worth me risking doing it myself, dont want to damage the lamda sensor

They do stick, it took a 22mm spanner, lump hammer and a vice to get mine off but it went eventually

I hate those stupid C clamps, they are a git to spread :mad:

340i
For £60 - £90 I would happily do it and take you out for dinner x

on a 182 its a 10 - 15 min job, take it to a local garage.. £20 Done!

Nissan 370Z
Been quoted £30 which is better, got my new exhaust kit from NW performance so will get all that on while im there!

WANTED Arctic 182
See if you can watch how they do it so you can do it yourself next time/MOT. It's an easy job.

Nissan 370Z
Haha...is it really that easy..i just dont want to get halfway through it then the labda sensor not come off.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
TBH getting the sensor out of mine was a complete f**ktard of a job, hardest bit. Think 2 meter long metal poles on the end of an adjustable spanner.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Taking the cat off is so easy, if you can't do it just put it back on, also i'd buy a new clamp.

koi

Audi S1
Lamda sensor is a b**ch to get out, gave up on mine and got a garage to take it off in the end

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
not sure if these help but look at mine when i did it, easy peeasy...

7e6964a6.jpg

bf29571c.jpg

you can see its really easily accessible, get under there and have a go!!

Oh and lambda came out of mine quite easily, swift tap with palm of hand with spanner on whilst exhaust is hot and turned straight away, i can imagine it being harder if its cold, but the cat stays mega hot for bloody ages!

Hyundai i40
why are u stressing when NW performance are going to fit your exhaust? get them to do the de cat at same time

Nissan 370Z
no there not..where did you get that idea from?
managed to sheer 2 of my bolts from the rear exhaust hangers..just snapped!

Nissan 370Z
The exhaust mounts..the metal hanger thats bolted to the car...any idea where i can get a new metal hanger from?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
The exhaust mounts..the metal hanger thats bolted to the car...any idea where i can get a new metal hanger from?

NWP just ask ryan for one,

De-cat fitting is piece of piss, in total its 4 bolts, the connection from downpipe to cat/decat is 2x 10mm nuts, so you will need a spanner on the manifold side and a small socket set with 10mm to undo it,

then just unbolt the 2 bolts in the centre, mine were 15mm, so yours should be aswell

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Mate just paid £12 for a decat to be fitted on a teg. Dont bother paying anymore tbh, or just do it yourself

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
As much as I lol at these threads, Cookson's stalking of medici999's threads is tiresome.

I'd try it myself personally, it can't be that hard.....

Once I watched my exhaust being fitted I was so glad I didnt pay for it... Such a simple job.

Status
Not open for further replies.