ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat & EML question

2002 172
I have been searching and reading posts from years ago to current day on this subject on here all day today. I have EML light which i know is 50/50 with these cars as to some get it some don't. I will be plugging the hole and tying the sensor out of the way so that's not an issue.

However my car is absolutely crap on fuel and I was always lead to believe when the EML light is on the car uses more fuel. That may be true, it may not. How does that sound? After reading various threads today it seems the post-cat lambda does nothing for running and therefore the issue may be with the pre-cat sensor? The car stinks of fuel when running (more than it should) so I'm guessing it's over-fuelling which is leading to poor mpg? (I know it's not the kind of car you buy for mpg but I've done about 120 miles to just over half a tank).

Any input on this would be great :) As far as I'm aware the car is not mapped.

titanium 182
Yes mate as you have said, the pre-cat sensor will bring on the eml and caused poor mpg as that sensor monitors the exhaust gasses altering the mixture via the ecu, whereas the post-cat just detects if the cat is actually working or not but that would also bring on the eml but not change the running or mpg.