ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat and ktec stealth... too loud for a daily driver?

Stripped yozza'd cup
As said, I've been umming and arghing about whether to get a decat for the cup. Does anyone have this combination as a daily driver?

Is it silly loud? mostly concerned about motorway speeds as the stealth on it's own is reasonably civil when you're cruising.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Just bought a decat and will be adding it to my ktec stealth after it mot next month. I can let you know then if you can wait that long!

Ph 1 172
I have the ktec supersports stealth with a decat as my daily, and although it's much louder than a normal exhaust it's mote than liveable around town as your going through your gears and up and down the revs. But if I'm bring honest if I had to do any motorway driving regularly not sure I could cope as it's only quite at about 50miles an hour. I love the noise it makes though I'll get a video tomorrow if you want

Stripped yozza'd cup
I have the ktec supersports stealth with a decat as my daily, and although it's much louder than a normal exhaust it's mote than liveable around town as your going through your gears and up and down the revs. But if I'm bring honest if I had to do any motorway driving regularly not sure I could cope as it's only quite at about 50miles an hour. I love the noise it makes though I'll get a video tomorrow if you want

That would be ideal, I've watched a few on youtube, but they're all different volumes, difficult to tell how loud it actually is.

The only motorway driving I do is about 5 miles to work. Even if it's loud, I could deal with it. I just don't want anything silly that's going to get me pulled over every 10 minutes.

1.4 16v Clio sport
That's what I thought , and just read one of your posts , it is bearable on motorway to I drove to London and back and it didn't bother me in the slightest :) so happy days

106GTI / NovaC20LET
It'll be fine mate, i got a yozza super sport with decat. It can be hellishly loud at times but you kinda learn how to keep it quiet when you wanna cruise in peace. Although at 70pmh it starts to get real loud lol, i imagine the ktec been very similar. For me its worth it for when you wanna give it the beans, sounda amazing.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got a Ktec stealth with silenced decat and it's fine for a daily driver. I wouldn't want the supersport system though that would be too loud for me.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Mine is fine at below 50mph as said. Anything above that though for any extended amount of time will do your head in. does sound fantastic on full chat though :)

Got a 197 aswell now an it very nice to drive without the noise ALL THE TIME.

Iceberg 172
I had the KTEC Stealth with a decat on my Cup... to be honest, I swear my current 172 is louder without the decat!

Only reason I didn't take the decat off my old Cup before it went to car heaven was because I didn't get a chance to take it off before it was picked up!

It'll be fine though mate, I drove the Cup 4 hours down a motorway on the way home from picking it up and I thought it was fine. Not silly loud at all.

172DD Cup
is it not a ball ache having to swap the cat over for mot time on a 172? that join above the subframe doesn't look too friendly.
actually interested in this, i want a decat :)

172DD Cup
yeah someone else said that only yesterday :)

mot was less than a month ago so maybe i should just do the decat and worry about it next february