ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealing with dust as summer draws in!

Clio 182
Whats the best way to deal with the summer dust that is going to be attacking my black paintwork very soon?! Any quick methods to keep on top of it etc, any products that may help repel it etc? Or is it a case of putting up with it until the cars next proper clean?!

Not a 320d
Cant avoid it really. If the paintworks clean then why not use a QD? Sonus carnuba was great for dist/fingermarks on my old pearl black. Not expensive either.

Although maybe I should ask, whats on the paintwork at the moment? Wax, sealant or nothing.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's always going to be hard with black.

A good plush MF and a good QD. Z6 is fantastic mate at that kinda thing.

Don't worry too much about marking the paintwork. Drying the car would probably inflict more marks. It's going to happen.

Water. If your car is well protected, sheet water over it with a watering can, meaning it is a touchless solution.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you really want something like that then buy this... http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb-lambswool-duster-cat11.html

JD has a good idea but I like to keep my car as dry as possible. Sonus and Z6 are way different to your megs.

Z6 is a lovely gloss enhancing wipe down product and Sonus is a carnauba spray so it has wax in it. Great to work with when it's not to warm and it looks after the Zymol waxes very well. Z6 will always be in my detailing box as will Z8.

If you really want something like that then buy this... http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb-lambswool-duster-cat11.html

JD has a good idea but I like to keep my car as dry as possible. Sonus and Z6 are way different to your megs.

Z6 is a lovely gloss enhancing wipe down product and Sonus is a carnauba spray so it has wax in it. Great to work with when it's not to warm and it looks after the Zymol waxes very well. Z6 will always be in my detailing box as will Z8.

I jet spray my car before going anywhere when I'm bothered about the dust. Then either drive off to help with water sheeting or use the open hose technique. When I arrive at the photo opportunity/meet, I have QD and towels for any drips.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:eek: I was waiting on Chris or Revels to pick up on it... took a fellow owner.

Not a 320d
As gally said, drying will inflict the majority of marks. Looking back now, the cause of major marring on my old pearl black was actually the waffle towels i was using to dry. I must of SRP's and Purple Haze'd that car like every bloody week.

Again - As gally said, plush MF towel like a eurow shag or similar will be great. Z6 is amazing product. (so is sonus Carnuba !!!)

Z6 is brilliant, another product I got after the wisdom of Kev.

Personally I hose it down first though to loosen some of dirt especially if it hasn't been wiped down in a while.

Z6 plush mircofibre as said is a nice combo.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I washed the car earlier. By the time I got home. I work about 1 minute away, the car was nearly dry.

Quick wipe down with Z6. Car was immaculate and dry.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Eurow deep pile are the plushest I've used

As for the dust issue

I'm sure I saw something on DW the other day about a qd tht is good at repelling dust, can't think what it was. I'll report back when I remember

Sorry for being totally useless and therefore posting a useless post

*drunk*

Clio 182
Eurow deep pile are the plushest I've used

As for the dust issue

I'm sure I saw something on DW the other day about a qd tht is good at repelling dust, can't think what it was. I'll report back when I remember

Sorry for being totally useless and therefore posting a useless post

*drunk*

Seeing as it is a Saturday night, I will let you off lol!