ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dealer scratched my 182!

I took my car to my dealer this morning to stop the sterring wheel from squeeking and creeking. Now ive just noticed a large scratch on the silver strip running above the glove box. It deffinitely wasnt there before i took it in. I called them and they say that they didnt go anywhere near that area in the car.

So i guess i dont have any way of proving it do i?

Any ideas on what i can do about it? what are my chances of getting them to replace it out of good will?

Im new to all this and have never delt with car dealers before.

cheers.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Have you tried talking to the Cust Service manager? Tell him youll be writing to Ren UK if nothing is sorted out.

Renault dented my 172 when it went in for warrenty work last year. After 1 botched repair job and a letter to Ren UK it was finally sorted out on a 2nd attempt.

Search on here for the address for Ren UK.

good luck

monkeees

swat they are....

I hate all reno dealerships.....in fact i hate all dealerships....

Somethin always tends to go wrong and you normally leave feeling proper p**sed off with em.

Dont get me started on the pri*ks at cov branch.

:mad:

Lee

BMW M2C

They left a fine scratch on my passenger wing when they replaced the headlamp washers the othe week. I reckon I can cut it out so havent bothered following it up. I think theyve seen more than enough of me recently.....although I may he popping back as the exhaust/heatshield is rattling.

tiTTy & SV650

i think you need to draw it to the dealers attention asap, the longer you leave it the less likely they are to believe that it happened there. Most people would be complaining within a day IMO.

See how they propose to deal with it, if they say they didnt do it then demand to speak to service manager, see what his attitude is, then demand to speak to customer service manager, see what his attitude is. Then if you havent got a result demand to speak to dealership manager.

If you still have no joy take all their names and tell them youre writing to Renault UK.

Why should you settle for 50/50 when it wasnt like that when it went in. Its in their interest to sort you out seeing as how much repeat business they might get out of you (or not as the case may now be...)

good luck!

Ford Fiesta

i have yet to find a dealer, car or bike I actually like and trust.

Prob easier just buying the part yourself and replacing the silver strip. least then the dash doesnt get marked when they are taking the old strip off.

LY R27

I had this problem last year, I took the car in for warranty work, when it returned it had a 3" scratch on the front wing. I took it straight back and the delaer fixed it. It helps if your one first name terms with the service manger :D

tiTTy & SV650

actually, my dad had his laguna in recently for a new windscreen (a reno f_ck up, theyd put the wrong windscreen in at some point down the lin)... anyway when they fitted the correct windscreen they dented the roof. SO my dad took it straight back, took 10 days but they sorted it out.

you need to goto the dealer and be adamant that they did this and must replace it.

Go straight back and refuse to move until you see the customer manager, make sure you go in to the main dealership and speak very loud.

Also write to locol paper/ motoring press Think about it if you dont going back they will lose what? A couple of hundred pounds in seriving.
But if a locol paper print a story???? How much would they lose!!!! LOL
I did this with a rover dealer, He wasnt very happy in the end. Some thing that would of cost him about 50 quid, cost him thousands in lost trade!!!!:devilish:

btw i hate main dealer as well!!! robbing ba5tards.

Yaris Hybrid

The short silver strip on the drivers side of mine was scratched when I got the car. I kicked up a fuss and got it replaced.

They did damage the dash a bit when swapping it over but you can barely see it without a magnifying glass so I just let it go.

get someone to take a picture of theirs, send it to you, take it to the dealers and say it wasnt like that sunday when i took some pictures!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

What would be good is if they either offered a waiting area where customers could observe the work. Kind of like in that recent Dom Joly sketch where there is a business class waiting room at the bus stop made of glass . The second thing would be if they could fit cameras on each workshop bay and then give customers a copy of the video of their car being serviced.