ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealer rip off - 1st Service

is this right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st service on my wifes 1.4 clio (52 plate) only done 7k but its 2 years old came to £220.00 :eek:

all thats been done is an oil change and a check over no other filters plugs ect.

thats more than any car I have ever had services which include BMW, Mercs and Subaru.

Can this be right

C4 Grand Picasso

I have been quoted £150 by my local Renault garage, no way would I pay over £200 for a Clio (unless it was a RenaultSport model).

youve been officialy done!

even the first service on a 182 or v6 is not usually more then £180.

call renault uk customer services

Shhh

Erm, i would of done a price match on this one. Lookers in chester wanted about £120 for the 18k / 2yr service on the 02 clio i had. I took it too reg vardy in sunderland and they wanted more. I asked them to price match as the service should be a standard cost, same man hours, same parts so why the extra cost.

I would ask for a list of what has been carried out, then if its the same as the standard service i would ask for a refund as its well over par. Quote a few garages and give names and numbers of local dealers that do it that cheap. Must be a renault dealer tho.

I dont know how much the 1.4 service is, but i guess it would be about £145 ish..

1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 should be the same price to service (new Clios were on about here) since they do the same work on all models.

£220 is a rip of though I paid just under £100 and that was the list price.

They do very little for there money on the 18k service.

Depends on where you are in the country guys n gals.

My local subaru garage charge me 55 quid an hour, the peugeot garage near where i work charges over 70 quid an hour.

220 quid down south would be 2 hours labour at 70 quid an our (140) oil at 30 quid (170) washer bottle fluid, oil filter, air filter (30 quid) so there is 200 straight away.

If you want cheaper prices then shop around, but prices will differ quite a bit from dealer to dealer and parts of the country.

Tony

Volvo S60 T5

Thats very excessive, you been had you should be lookin at around 120 to 150ish depending on dealer.

Little tip to you all, take your car to Renault Minute for your servicing its a lot cheaper and wont invalidate your warranty as they are Renault appoved.

Jonny here is what it cost for the servicing that has been done on my car.......thats 3 services and its a V6: -

Ive had 2 x 12,000mile and 1 x 24,000mile services and they cost: -

1st 26/09/02 12,000 £144.98

2nd 24/05/03 12,000 £125.21

3rd 08/05/04 24,000 £ 134.48

All of the above include a charge of £52 inc vat for oil.

The 1st serice was done at SMC Reno in Woking and the other 2 were done at Olympian Reno in Southampton..........and remember thats for a V6.

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 26 December 2004 at 4:16pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_007 on 26 December 2004

:eek:renault dealers can be a complete ripoff,on my first service they charged £54.50 to change the oil!!!!!

The answer is to supply your own oil...............if you want the details of where from and how much drop me a PM yeah ;)

Cya Stu

was trying to post a copy of the invoice but cant get the hang of this

this link may work

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/personal.php?g=0&n=Unfiled%20imageshttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/personal.php?g=0&n=Unfiled%20images

I will be on to Renault Customer services as soon as they are open, should have asked first how much but was so busy at work just booked it in, my wife didnt bother to ask when it was booked in, its the last time they will see the car other than warranty work, next service the car will be out of warranty.

Shame I feel this way as my wife loves the car but it makes me think twice about getting her one again if the service costs are so high

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

My brother is getting his V6 done soon..... Its gonna cost him £160 i think, It on 7k miles........

Just for info...............the next service on my car will be the 36,000 mile (major) and thatll cost £232 less 10/15% loyalty discount and £52 because Ill be supplying my own oil I expect to pay around £150/£170 all in :cool:

Cya Stu

can live with the oil price not too much ott but £135.86+ vat to change it:mad:

and how can they charge for screen wash it was only filled the day before the service.

to make things even worse they washed it an its now two tone black and Sh1t dont think they could bend down and clean the bottom half of the car.

Im booking my 1.2 in for its 36,000 mile service shortly. Its £250.
Will the oil change and wipers etc be more on top of this?

Do they wash the car also? Do not want them to as Ive just had it colour coded, dont want the paint to fly off!

Is the ECU upgrade done on the 36,000 mile service and will it be OK that I have a after market filter in place?

Sorry for theifing ur thread but Im sure this will be helpful for you too at som point.

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 26 December 2004

Will the oil change and wipers etc be more on top of this? Yes unfortunatly

Do they wash the car also? Do not want them to as Ive just had it colour coded, dont want the paint to fly off! My dealer washes the car but then again them probably feel sorry for it

Is the ECU upgrade done on the 36,000 mile service and will it be OK that I have a after market filter in place? You should be fine theyll probably make a note that no change of filter took place but unless your getting them to fix some warently work on the engine and the filter can be directly blames on the air filter change then nothing can be done to refuse the work. There is no fixed upgrade the ECU will only get upgraded if you have a problem (since a new software reload is one fix) or if there is modified software been brought out and your car would need it otherwise they dont update anything.

Will the oil change and wipers etc be more on top of this?

Do they wash the car also? Do not want them to as Ive just had it colour coded, dont want the paint to fly off!

Is the ECU upgrade done on the 36,000 mile service and will it be OK that I have a after market filter in place?

Sorry for theifing ur thread but Im sure this will be helpful for you too at som point.

Hi Gee..............the oil is included but the wipers (if required) will be extra.

The price well I recon its high, see the prices for the Vee above.

The ECU upgrade is a check.......I think theyre looking for faults for which they have a new program which means just installing the same program but with updates to lose the faults, I think thats it.

And they do wash the car........if dont want them to just tell them not too eh :cool:

Cya Stu

edde.............I think like most services the oil & filter WILL be included in the price.................extras like wipers, bulbs etc will be ADDITIONAL cost.

Stu

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 26 December 2004

edde.............I think like most services the oil & filter WILL be included in the price.................extras like wipers, bulbs etc will be ADDITIONAL cost.
Yep sorry should have made cleared the wipers would be extra, oil/filters are incluced as part of the service.

Ive just had the 24k mile service done on the 172, its the same as the first service and that was quoted at £181 but it ended up being £160 as they didnt change the filter due to me having an aftermarket panel filter.

Thanks for the info guys.

When you turn the key a little so the elEctricals work and hold down the button on the right stick, it does actually show a fault code, think it was T?

So maybe they will update the ECU?

If it seems expensive, where else could I get it serviced?
Keeping in mind I dont have any warranty and I would like Renault parts used?

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 26 December 2004

Thats very excessive, you been had you should be lookin at around 120 to 150ish depending on dealer.

Little tip to you all, take your car to Renault Minute for your servicing its a lot cheaper and wont invalidate your warranty as they are Renault appoved.

Hi Mike, what would I be looking at for the 24k at Liningtons? Is there a Renault Minute in Pompey?

Volvo S60 T5

Metallic....yeah If you go round the sales side of my place you will see the Minute Fast fit centre.

As to how much a 24K is cant remember.

When you turn the key a little so the elEctricals work and hold down the button on the right stick, it does actually show a fault code, think it was T?

So maybe they will update the ECU?
T indicates that theres a fault in the coolant system ie the coolent temp sensor has said there is ora wire has earthed.

If you want to find out how to fix it yourself PM me your emails address and Ill send you the fault finding chart.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 27 December 2004

Metallic....yeah If you go round the sales side of my place you will see the Minute Fast fit centre.

OK thanks - definitely worth knowing that :)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 27 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 27 December 2004

OK thanks - definitely worth knowing that :)
But Mike ... assume it wouldnt be your careful hands doing the work??