ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead Driveshafts And ABS???

172 y reg flamer
been under the 172 today to have a proper look at the driveshafts As i already knew the drivers one is fooked, bloody big hole in the CV boot and it knocks when i go round corners.

this is the interesting bit;

the other side when the car is on full lock seem to "scramble" for grip, as though the ABS was cutting. The ABS light comes on randomly from time to time and i wondered if the was a link.

i then found this

IMG%5D
DSC00177.gif

IMG%5D
as you can see the ABS ring has been chewed on the hub where th ball joint meets the leg.

the car has just had a new wheel bearing and i am wondering if a knackered old bearing would cause this damage? or is this far more serious?

car will be gettin 2 new shafts in the future, what i dont want is the new shaft to be chewed like that one:dapprove:

any input?

Lots of Alfas
Yeah a knackered wheel bearing could have caused that. On some cars when the bearings wear it makes the sensor out of align with the ring. It looks like that is whats happened big time on your car.

SQ5
Buy you driveshaft direct from Reno. It's more money but I got a pattern part which wasn't the same and was even worse. Overal length was 10mm different! Reno for Passenger is £200