ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De Phaser Pulley

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Ive noticed lately that my Trophy sounds like a tractor, bit of investigation and i have a noisy dephaser pulley! not impressed as both belts where changed two years and 5000 miles ago, so im guessing they didnt change the pulley, its lasted 35000 miles is that good?
Does it need replacing asap?

just trying to weight up my options so far ive come up with,

Change pulley with cambelt, but Tentioner will need changing in 2 years again
Pulley, Cambelt, tentioner
Pulley, Cambelt kit, Aux Belt Kit

Pulley,Cambelt kit, Aux Kit, 438's plus remap? i wanted to cam the car in the future when geting the belts done but its a lot of money!

im tempted to use 519 Or BTM, want to avoid Ktec as these two do better deals but with Ktec you can pay monthly which would be handy!

Ben

WRX
No rush, mine's been noisy since I bought mine nearly a year ago. Save up and use Danny or Fred like you say.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Mines similar, belts were done 2 years ago (20) and the dephaser is now slightly noisy. The aux belt is due in a year or so, i may get it all done then, or just get the aux belt done and put up with the noise.

What makes me laugh is that so many people keep banging on about making sure the dephaser is changed, but not 1 has ever failed. madness.

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Perfect, thats what i wanted to hear, ill save up and visit one of them in the near future!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
im sure fred has some revised prices for his GT Racing cams deal coming up soon. might be worth giving him a ring :)

Mine was rattling for 50k.. Belts had just been done before bought car... In the end tho my power was dowb when I put it on the rollers a few weeks ago.. Now iv had it changed it runs so much better and is certainly quicker again

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
dephaser gone at 35k? seems unlikely to be honest. How often has the oil been changed?

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
It's had 5 services in its life, most recent was last month, It's been replaced with Fuchs oil