ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI top mount nuts and washer

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’m after some advice.

I’ve recently put new shocks/springs and top mounts on my DCI and the top mount nuts were slightly rounded from what I’m assuming the previous owner’s have done at some point.
I’m after new ones, it’s the nut/washer combined that hold the top mount down on the shock, before putting the shock onto the car.

It’s not the top rubber one that holds the shock to the car, it’s the actual one that hold the top mount and shock together, before it goes onto the car.

They’re a weird (metric or something) size that’s hard to get hold of - so If someone could point me in the right direction, I’d be thrilled 😃

Cheers all!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
533DFE0B-E8B2-49F1-8BF6-13FFDB729267.jpeg

It’s this type nuts for a Clio

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
for a mk2? I can't say I know of the nut you've circled above. There's a very think 17mm nut which goes over the strut.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
for a mk2? I can't say I know of the nut you've circled above. There's a very think 17mm nut which goes over the strut.

Cheers buddy - I think this is why I’m confused. There’s 2 different types of nuts been fitted on mine. So now you’ve said a thin one, there is one thin one, so I need another of those then; rather than the rounded bodged nut that’s been fitted like I’ve circled then!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
So MK2 right?

If so I have a spare set of nuts but wont be until next week when I could post them out which is probably not great for you🤣

Yeah the nuts round easy because of how thin they are and because absolute knobbers round em off too🤣

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
So MK2 right?

If so I have a spare set of nuts but wont be until next week when I could post them out which is probably not great for you🤣

Yeah the nuts round easy because of how thin they are and because absolute knobbers round em off too🤣

@YorkshireKyle
Actually- that would be amazing 🙉😇 I’ve re-fitted all my suspension and everything, cars back on the road. But I need to tighten up one top mount a bit more, but I can’t with that rounded nut on. So if I could sort those nuts off you, that would be awesome - I can take the shock back off then and do a proper job I’m happy with!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
@YorkshireKyle
Actually- that would be amazing 🙉😇 I’ve re-fitted all my suspension and everything, cars back on the road. But I need to tighten up one top mount a bit more, but I can’t with that rounded nut on. So if I could sort those nuts off you, that would be awesome - I can take the shock back off then and do a proper job I’m happy with!
Sweet mate!

I'll dig em out on Tuesday and get em posted out. I'll drop you a PM now just so I dont lose track of who I need to send bits to🤣🤣