ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI Timing Belt

Clio 182
Hi,
Just looking for some advice on doing a timing belt change on my Clio DCi 65. I have heard that the fuel pump needs to be pinned. Could you not just put timing marks on the pulleys and block etc? I found 3 pin tool set for the Clio for £12.99 however I am not sure if it is what im looking for (LINK BELOW). Also, I had a quote for £90 for the timing belt, tensioner and aux belt and £46+vat for a Gates kit. Is Gates a well known make as I am quite new to motor mechanics?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....om=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=230001023849&fvi=1

Would somebody mind having a look if they are the right tools please?
Thanks

CB600FS
You don't lock the pump, just line the marks up. You lock the crank with a pin, and the cam with a pin. Yeah they are the right tools, the non threaded one (silver one) is for the cam.

The actual belt itself isn't that hard to do to be honest but I wouldn't do it if your not confident mate, the crank pin is a complete b*****d to get in (with intercooler/air con) yours shouldn't be so bad.

Have you got an impact wrench for the crank pulley?

Clio 182
Hi,
Well my Senior Technician normally works saturday so I'm sure he will watch over me and give me a hand. Yeh I have got an air impact gun. I just wanted to see if there was any significant difference between renault and other make cars, thus getting the locking pins just in case.

Thanks for the info