ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci suspension queries

Arctic 182FF
Would anyone be able to tell me the bolt spacing on my car? I have a 2004 (53 plate) mk2 ph3 Clio dci80. I have done a few searches but couldn't find anything so was hoping someone might know to save me trying to measure it myself. My 1.2 mk2 ph2 was 58mm spacing but not sure if all non sports share the same size.

Second suspension query is this: I currently have eibach 40mm drop springs on my car and I like the way it handles and the height at the back but is a bit too high at the front. Just saw something about adjustable dampers, which I hadn't previously heard of, would these allow me to keep these springs but go lower? Or would it be best to just go for some coilovers?

Thanks in advance.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dci's have 58mm spacing iirc. I should really know this, I've replaced my dampers :eek: lol

Adjustable dampers wouldn't let you go any lower. It's the springs that dictate the height the car sits at. Dampers are just there to 'dampen' the effects of bumps on the road, stop the car bouncing around etc.

Arctic 182FF
Thanks for the information sburrell, that's very useful to me.

Thanks for the reply ThomasBretnall but I'm going to be looking for coilovers with a bit better performance. I liked the cheap lows on my 1.2 but have got used to the good handling and comfort of my dci so will have to go for something a little more pricey.

Anyone recommend a decent set of coilovers for under £500? Thanks

Thanks for the information sburrell, that's very useful to me.

Thanks for the reply ThomasBretnall but I'm going to be looking for coilovers with a bit better performance. I liked the cheap lows on my 1.2 but have got used to the good handling and comfort of my dci so will have to go for something a little more pricey.

Anyone recommend a decent set of coilovers for under £500? Thanks

Spax RSX? Bit over budget though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spax-RSX-...Model:Clio|Plat_Gen:MK+II&hash=item461607626f

FK Highsports http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK-Highsp...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b769be88

V-Maxx http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-MAXX-Re...Model:Clio|Plat_Gen:MK+II&hash=item58a48eee7e

However no coilover kit is going to be particularly comfy though!

Arctic 182FF
I've heard good things about spax rsx (can't remember who from) but they are a little over budget. I think I saw the fk highsports for ~£350 somewhere and I've heard nothing but good things about fk so they probably top my list for the moment. Haven't heard great things about v-maxx though.

I know I'm not going to get great comfort but I want them to be a lot more comfortable and handle better than the budget, unknown brand ones I had before. Also expecting them to handle better than the eibach springs in standard shocks that I currently have. Is that unrealistic?