ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci horn not working

1.5 Clio Dynamique
This morning while reversing into a parking space at work, the horn on my dci randomly sounded for about 4 seconds.

So in a panic thinking i had accidently pushed the button in and it got stuck, i gave the button a tap which ok it stopped.

Now this is where my problem lies, the horn has stopped but i cant get it to sound again

Any idea what it might be (if there are any common faults for this on the clios)??

Also where is the actual horn sounder itself on these cars?? and how is the best way to get at it for testing or possible replacement if need be??

Thanks
Tom

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
it will be the clockring behind the steering wheel. The ribbon cable will most likely have broken.

Mick

Megane dci 130
The horn live can break in behind the airbag on these. Iv seen a few do it, remove the airbag and have a look. Sometimes theres enough length on the wire to repair it.