ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dCi gets Faster & Faster!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
After 50K, a very strong re-map (110 & 177), K&N filter, no back seats, parcel shelf or spare wheel, the D is flying!

- Pissed off a smokey old 'N' plate Imprezza by staying on his bumper car-hopping for 6 miles+

- Scalped Mini Coopers & Fiestas Zetec S (petrol)

- Bated new shape 320ds (almost identical power-to-weight ratio)

- Absolutely mullered an X-type diesel (he saw the dci badge at the lights),

I can't stop smiling :)

It will now hit 5000rpm in the first four gears and hold 120 on the motorway.

Oh and as I pulled uinto the car park @ work it clicked over to 64mpg!

NEXT year cars with emissions under 120mg will be FREE in the London Congestion zone, so I'll keep it for now

BMW M135i
If you remap a dCi100 whilst the power isn't a problem the torque is for the box thats used, hence why you can remap it for more power but have to limit the map. It doesn't used a JB3 box like the 65 and 80s its one from a 1.6 petrol laguna iirc.

Thats why its better to remap the dCi80, I can't remember the specifics but edde should be able to fill the gaps in.
Infact theres a post on here somewhere with all the relevant info.

If it is the box won't be lasting too long. Unless its a torque limited map.
Clutch protects the box, I belive black Kro had trouble with it as the remap did give to much torque for the clutch.

If you remap a dCi100 whilst the power isn't a problem the torque is for the box thats used, hence why you can remap it for more power but have to limit the map. It doesn't used a JB3 box like the 65 and 80s its one from a 1.6 petrol laguna iirc.

Thats why its better to remap the dCi80, I can't remember the specifics but edde should be able to fill the gaps in.
The problem is a few ways
DCI 65 has the JC3 box not bad box same as the Valver realy.
DCI 80 has the JC5 box same as Williams realy and 172 maximum warentyl power limit is 200NM hence why the 80 was limited to 200NM
DCI 100 uses the I foreget the daft name its a petrol derivative box supposed to be better and the new type I hate them.
DCi 106 has the all new fabbed TL4 type box same as the 197 uses 240NM is the manimum torque it is warentied to take hence why the dci 106 is limited again.
Remap any of then and the gearbox fitted become the trouble the 80 has the advanatge the gearbox is the same as the 172/182 so it reasonably stong and proven to take high torque loads thanks to the turbo 2.0 out there.

How do you work that one out???

There are Clios on here with essentially the same box that run near 200ft/lb
Few 172/182 on here run with 200lb torque.

Mine will do 120mpg 64mpg though humm not seen that for a bit.

Keep changing the oil makes a big difference

185lb/ft dCi
Is it alright to hit 5000rpm, because thats what I go to in 2nd gear when I'm racing somebody. It sounds pretty awesome but its quite alot to be doing 50mph in 2nd?

Is it alright to hit 5000rpm, because thats what I go to in 2nd gear when I'm racing somebody. It sounds pretty awesome but its quite alot to be doing 50mph in 2nd?

1) You shouldn't be racing
2) The ideal chnage up point which vaies on the dcis is about 4.2k in second first is 4.5k or so 3rd abouit 4.1 and the same for the rest of the gears you want to maxmumis power on the curve.

Its the rpm you need to think of 5k is quite high but thats the redline and it protects you.

185lb/ft dCi

1) You shouldn't be racing
2) The ideal chnage up point which vaies on the dcis is about 4.2k in second first is 4.5k or so 3rd abouit 4.1 and the same for the rest of the gears you want to maxmumis power on the curve.

Its the rpm you need to think of 5k is quite high but thats the redline and it protects you.

Lol sorry can't help it when some tit in a corsa thinks he is king. Got to show off the dci power every now and then. Yeah I can feel it starting to lose power when I get it up there, thanks for the advice though.

It does feel quicker since I got the 182 wheels put on though, with goodyear eagle f1's on, it has much more grip and tears up the road in first now.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Clutch protects the box, I belive black Kro had trouble with it as the remap did give to much torque for the clutch.

If you remap a dCi100 whilst the power isn't a problem the torque is for the box thats used, hence why you can remap it for more power but have to limit the map. It doesn't used a JB3 box like the 65 and 80s its one from a 1.6 petrol laguna iirc. Kro has an 80 anyway.

The problem is a few ways
DCI 65 has the JC3 box not bad box same as the Valver realy.
DCI 80 has the JC5 box same as Williams realy and 172 maximum warentyl power limit is 200NM hence why the 80 was limited to 200NM Standard the 80 has 150ft/lb or something like that, As Black Kro says, you can get 240NM from a map, many have done so.
DCI 100 uses the I foreget the daft name its a petrol derivative box supposed to be better and the new type I hate them.
From a Megane isn't it ??

DCi 106 has the all new fabbed TL4 type box same as the 197 uses 240NM is the manimum torque it is warentied to take hence why the dci 106 is limited again.
Remap any of then and the gearbox fitted become the trouble the 80 has the advanatge the gearbox is the same as the 172/182 so it reasonably stong and proven to take high torque loads thanks to the turbo 2.0 out there.

How do you work that one out???

There are Clios on here with essentially the same box that run near 200ft/lb
Few 172/182 on here run with 200lb torque.

Mine will do 120mpg 64mpg though humm not seen that for a bit.

Keep changing the oil makes a big difference

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
I have the DCi 65 model and I want to chip it but ill end up blowing the engine, or so my dad says

185lb/ft dCi
Haha I want to chip mine too, I don't reckon it will blow the engine, just don't rape the engine all the time.

I have the DCi 65 model and I want to chip it but ill end up blowing the engine, or so my dad says

The dci's are quite difficult often regards mapping and due to there high cost unless you've got a spare or want a project forget it there to expensive to fiddle with.

185lb/ft dCi
Yeah....because changing your rims makes you go faster....:rolleyes:

If you took care in reading the rest of the sentence you would see that I have much more grip than standard shitty stealy tyres. Therefore when I put my foot down the car moves and doesn't just spin on the spot, thus making the car quicker.

@edde, but I thought mapping it wouldn't be so bad. get it up to 80bhp surely? And I have a question for you, do you know what type of cable/connection I would need to hook it up to a computer as I have got hold of the official renault software for it.

If you took care in reading the rest of the sentence you would see that I have much more grip than standard s**tty stealy tyres. Therefore when I put my foot down the car moves and doesn't just spin on the spot, thus making the car quicker.

@edde, but I thought mapping it wouldn't be so bad. get it up to 80bhp surely? And I have a question for you, do you know what type of cable/connection I would need to hook it up to a computer as I have got hold of the official renault software for it.
What the Clip software? In which case forget it £3k or so for the cable and computer box. If you're on about the dialogues software doesn't do compunications with the computer.

The connector is a universal typoe one its under the ash tray its an OBD 2 type.

Stock tyres are more than enough though for grip. If I cna get round the race tracks with them in quick times there there good enough for me.

Mapping not bad realy if done right but there so expensive to fix. Pumps and injectors arn't cheap and new engine isn't just a drop in job all the injectors need programming into the ECU.

185lb/ft dCi
If you took care in reading the rest of the sentence you would see that I have much more grip than standard s**tty stealy tyres. Therefore when I put my foot down the car moves and doesn't just spin on the spot, thus making the car quicker.

What the Clip software? In which case forget it £3k or so for the cable and computer box. If you're on about the dialogues software doesn't do compunications with the computer.

The connector is a universal typoe one its under the ash tray its an OBD 2 type.

Stock tyres are more than enough though for grip. If I cna get round the race tracks with them in quick times there there good enough for me.

Mapping not bad realy if done right but there so expensive to fix. Pumps and injectors arn't cheap and new engine isn't just a drop in job all the injectors need programming into the ECU.

I have yet to install it to see, it could be the diagnosis software though, its 4 discs. If I were to map it, would it take the life expectency down abit? Is that what your trying to say?

I'm surprised your saying that about the stock tyres, I am talking about the stealies that come on the expression, I forget what the tyre is called I will have a look tomorrow. I thought the grip was awful, even on some roundabouts the back end would start to give way and that was on dry! Not even going quick! Plenty of tread on the tyre as well. And when it was wet, well thats a different story, awful.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
as Edde said, it is an 80.

as for hitting 5K, I said it 'will'. With less miles, no re-map and no K&N it really really struggled past 4200rpm

only tend to nudge 5K in fourth - quickest way to hit 100 with a Corsa disappearing in your mirrors!

P.S: some very minor clutch slip if violently stamp on throttle at peak torque

Last edited:
I have yet to install it to see, it could be the diagnosis software though, its 4 discs. If I were to map it, would it take the life expectency down abit? Is that what your trying to say?

I'm surprised your saying that about the stock tyres, I am talking about the stealies that come on the expression, I forget what the tyre is called I will have a look tomorrow. I thought the grip was awful, even on some roundabouts the back end would start to give way and that was on dry! Not even going quick! Plenty of tread on the tyre as well. And when it was wet, well thats a different story, awful.

Ar right the smallers 14's then not sure never drive them much. I was on about the 15's alloys.

Nope you've got the dialgogues the proper Clip software isn't easy to install anyway this you'll need
Installing the Renault dialogue software/ sort out problems.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=109413

Mapping can kill the engine quicker depends who does it most normal ones are fine its the people who push them to hard who kill them but for the gains I'd never bother plus the effort.