ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI gearbox

Clio RB182 turbo
Evening all, recently purchased a clio 182 turbo roughly running 240bhp, been out a few times the last couple of weeks and it feels like it needs a 6th or longer ratio! Seen a couple of people mention a DCI gearbox. Can anybody shed any light on this or recommend a option? Cheers

PH2 172
Evening all, recently purchased a clio 182 turbo roughly running 240bhp, been out a few times the last couple of weeks and it feels like it needs a 6th or longer ratio! Seen a couple of people mention a DCI gearbox. Can anybody shed any light on this or recommend a option? Cheers

The dci box is a JC5-128, you could also consider an 089.

You can take your chances with the LH circlip on either or @NorthloopCup can convert to a bolt up diff.

The 182 box is a 130

Attachments

• JC5 GEARBOX RATIOS.jpg
    JC5 GEARBOX RATIOS.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
  Clio RB182 turbo
Alwayd one ?? Is this just a straight swap? One in one out? Drive shafts the same? Linkage? Clutch match up?

PH2 172
Beautiful, next question is the 182 the best short ratio box? Thanks

I think we are going round in circles here.

The 130.129 & 089 all have identical ratios, but the 089 has a higher final drive ratio, roughly 80mph at 3.55k rpm.

As previously said, the 128 could theoretically reach 180 mph, but not with 240bhp.

You don`t need short ( close ) ratios with a turbo.

M88FYS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Did you ever make the change to a dci box? I’m looking into one for my turbo 182.