ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci and 1.2 original exhaust the same ?

Focus RS + S3
Hi guys, im selling a dci exhaust (flexi back) on ebay and been asked if its the same as a 1.2?

it looks the same as other 1.2 exhausts ive seen on ebay but wouldnt like to say yes if it isnt,

i understand the downpipe/cat/flexi will be different

mine:

120DD039-F592-47D4-B453-6036223E3A9D.jpg

Random ebay one:

095ED1A7-6830-4EBD-9DE3-4E95980A607F.png

but the centre and backbox?

cheers

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I wondered this too recent. I thought they were but could be wrong. Are they the same part on ecp?

Focus RS + S3
@GrahamS

in the end i bit the bullet, i had the dci exhaust off then took the 1.2 one off

ecp had different part numbers for backboxes centres the lot so wasnt full of confidence

same lenth so would have fitted, only difference i could see is the weight thing was a little further up than the one and i dont know if it was my eyes but the dci bore looks ever so slightly bigger, or it may be the different colours

dci is the one on top in the pic

5F622AA4-E725-4111-A7AF-0CC1EA85B186.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ahhh great info matey. If you were closer I'd have a pipe off you. Fancy chopping off the back box for extra tractor noise ;)

Focus RS + S3
Nah off a 65, dont all dci's share the same exhaust?

that explains why it appears in better condition if its stainless

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I was surprised my 100 has a stainless exhaust but then again i've never checked my previous 80. Maybe someone owning a 65/80 can chime in.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
My 65 looks stainless. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised when I found it hadn't rusted in place when undoing all the clamps. This explains why!!