ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Day with Megane 225 and Auto Glym

Megane 225
Hi,

well, started at nine this morning and just recently finished, knackered. Car when i bought it was not cleaned properly and someone had smoked in it. The cream roof was covered in tobacco as were the seatbelts and the inside side panels. Also smelled of smoke so thought would just shampoo the entire interior, seats out an all.

So, exterior was washed with auto glym body shampoo, clayed with auto glym stuff, ultra deep shined, then waxed. Alloys were washed and sealed and used tyre shine:) Only bad thing about detailing to this extent is that the deep scratches show up so much more! and the crack in the rear is obvious now.

P1010108.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010106.jpg

Interior was vacuumed, shampooed, then used auto glym interior shampoo for entire interior and used that for the roof lining then used the suction on the carpet shampooer to get rid of any excess water. Leather seats and leather on the door cards were cleaned with auto glym leather cleaner then used leather care balm on everything leather.

P1010105.jpg

P1010111.jpg

P1010116.jpg

P1010117.jpg

P1010112.jpg

Also took the oppertunity to install my panasonic in dash DVD player with the ipod lead ran to the glove box. Now just need to sort the speakers!

P1010113.jpg

P1010115.jpg

Anyways, happy with the results and started to rain otherwise would have maybe another coat of wax, just need to get the child seat cleaned an back in:)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Nice car! Not a fan of the DVD thingy but its your car! Are the headrests original? The Sewing on the gear knob would piss me off!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nothing worse than a smoker's car... you'll never fully get rid of it!

Decent job though mate. :)

Megane 225
Nice car! Not a fan of the DVD thingy but its your car! Are the headrests original? The Sewing on the gear knob would piss me off!!

oh believe me it is pissing me right off! my thumb keeps catching on the bit where the stitching runs out! next purchase defo.

Nothing worse than a smoker's car... you'll never fully get rid of it!

Decent job though mate. :)

yeah, probably not but have got rid of all the visual evidence and used some auto glym interior spray as well so will see. smells of feckin leather cleaner just now! just been out to refit the recaro child seat and reeks of the stuff.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
car looks nice david, told you it only needed some tlc, mind your fingers when lowering them headrests and did you get suzanne scrubbing them seats:approve: houses look posh bet you have valet parking on that estate, ru going to cs saturday be nice to meet up and have a wee dram:cheers: all the best ian

Megane 225
car looks nice david, told you it only needed some tlc, mind your fingers when lowering them headrests and did you get suzanne scrubbing them seats:approve: houses look posh bet you have valet parking on that estate, ru going to cs saturday be nice to meet up and have a wee dram:cheers: all the best ian

Hi Ian! Was planning on going but recently changed jobs so cant get the saturday off! Suz unfortunately was busy today or would have been over helping me, her fake nails an all! posh estate yeah but i live here so its no that posh anymore:) you taking both your clios to the saturday meet?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
was thinking on taking both cars to css, might stay overnight:drunk: but my suzanne hates camping and caravans, as i imagine yours would:( did you change your tyres yet?, i like continental but only sptcon3 not 2 or 5, xl if pos although i have heard that goodyear f1 are good, jason has just bought a corsa vxr 08 plate he,s px his new corsa ltd for it:clap:, bald toyo proxes on the front and suny ditchfinders on the rear:race: i keep taking the piss out of him, told him to get a clio but he wanted a turbo and only being 22 his insurance will go up loads. see how long it takes for my daughter to blow the engine in that one:) happy daysxx

Megane 225
Nah my Suzanne loves camping! But usually when she does she gets pissed. Tyres are fine! Yokohamas on the back and two brand new Michelin on the front. Cannie believe he's driving about in a corsa when you and the missus are Clio mad, need to get her a set o recaros:) ya I made the mistake at 19 getting a golf gt and that cost me £1900 a year to insure. I have actually put in a request to get that Saturday off so will see what comes of it:)

<3 5 door 225s.
Good job you've done there mate, try some shake and vac stuff in the carpet a few weekends in a row - will help majorly with the smell

Megane 225
Love it mate looks well you got any plans for it

ermmmmm..... a few! not wanting to go as mental as i went with the clio. Get it immaculate then worry about modifying. Few dents in it that need to be brought out, new windscreen in with nice blue tint to it as well.

<3 5 door 225s.
Good job you've done there mate, try some shake and vac stuff in the carpet a few weekends in a row - will help majorly with the smell

might try that although it hasnt come back too badly yet. got some new mats for it and shampooed the rest. still reeks of that leather cleaner stuff! thinks i used too much!

Black ph2 225, 5 doors, silver wheels....

Perfect spec sir!

thank you very much! initially i had wanted anthricite wheels but dunno, seems to suit silver ones with silver door handles. Took it a blast up to Wanlockhead last night (highest village in Scotland and one of the best, desserted roads anywhere) and was incredible! im used to a 1.2 and this was a beast. Apart from some suicidal sheep on the road it was a great drive.