ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Day/week insurance for under 21's

Two 0 Shitx
Couldn't find an insurance section so...

Right, my dad has a Mini One due for a vic check tomorrow and he wants me to take it because he has other stuff to do. And ive just passed today so would be a nice trip to chadderton :D

Now hes on a traders policy that only over 21's can go on and a max of 2 people which is my mum and dad. I searched on google for normal day/week insurance and i could only find ecar for a month and they wanted £1300 or something stupid.

Does anyone know of any other insurance companys or any way i can do it through trade insurance? That will insure an 18 year old.

Such a pain in the ass because i can't ask him because hes gone out and ive got no phone...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You won't find an independant temporary insurance company that will cover you I'm afraid mate, the majority state that you need to be over the age of 24 and held your full licence for over 12 months.

Is your dad insured on the Mini already?

Well done on passing your test though bud!

Two 0 Shitx
He's covered to drive pretty much any car. If it was a normal policy he was on id probably go on for a month or something but he'll sell it as soon as the vic check is done. Fecking insurance company rip off's.

Turbos.
I think it was Norwich Union who were offering a free week's insurance simply if you got a quote from them, worth a Google search.

SG9 Forester STi
I've tried that before to use my dad's car before I got mine, but there's no chance. I phoned about but it appears you have to be over 24/25 before they'll consider it.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Only way to cover you would be adding you to his trade policy I'd imagine.

FYI Jamie we're looking at bringing down to 21 in the next month or so pal if it's any use to you :)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
surely you wont be able to get insurance if its in need of a vic check as its not deemed road worthy, ie. a write off until given the certificate. am i wrong?

Only way to cover you would be adding you to his trade policy I'd imagine.

FYI Jamie we're looking at bringing down to 21 in the next month or so pal if it's any use to you :)

If that's aimed at me, yes it will be until Aug 2010 when I turn 24 ;)

Da

Less
I was just going to say what Rich has said. If it's an insurance write off then surely you wont be able to get independent insurance on it until after the VIC check?

Two 0 Shitx
Hm, i was thinking about this too, id definately need some trade plates ro something which i dont think i can use because im not a trader? Ill ask when he gets in.

AGH the sl*g
A car booked in and travelling only to and returning from the VOSA station is legal as it has a appointment, as also a car can be driven with no mot or tax to and from an MOT station. If you get stopped going anywhere you shouldnt be they will bend you over the bonnet !!!