ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daves RB 182 Progress Thread :)

DB.

BMW 440i
Renaultsport Clio 182 Spec

Engine
Standard
Engine Cover in Racing Blue
All metals to be semi polished

Exhaust
Yozzasport Full System
Decat coming in July

Interior
Evo 8 MR Recaros
Racing Blue Dash Strips
Racing Blue gear knob insert
Racing Blue steering wheel insert

Suspension
Standard Cup packed Suspension

Brakes
Brembo Discs
Ferodo DS2500 Pads
Standard Calipers

Styling
Civic Aerial (Small)
Front Tow Eye
Front 3/4 Plate to fit recess
Bosch Wipers

Other
39,000 Miles
Cambelt, Auxbelt and service completed Feb 2010 @ BTM Performance
Im the 2nd owner as of October 2009

Owned my 206 from the age of 17 for two years!
Managed to get it looking ace imo, then ruined it with the anthracite wheels! The white ones were always the best!!
Caught the proper modding bug back at FCS08 and carried it on from there :)
InfoConvoyMeJournalist.jpg

100_0254.jpg

Then it tranfsormed into this...
Undertunnel.gif

ExitofTopfloor-Bullring-1.gif

ExitofTopfloor-Bullring-1.gif

Decked206.gif

Then after putting the anthracite wheels on, i decided i wasnt that keen on the car, and the 1.4 engine wasnt exactly exciting, despite the great suspension!
Started putting my pennies away, put the car back to standard, sold it for £3950 and bought this for £6650. :
(Paste)

Finally got it! The car is amazing!
I drove from Birmingham to Sarf East Landan! Took the stupidly long route through the centre of London instead of going around the M25 like Steve Murrs recommended, completely forgot that he gave me hinters!

Its a 2005 plate (Registered July 05)
Im the second owner
Racing Blue
36,000 Miles
Both Cup packs (Missing Front splitter)

GetAttachmentaspx-2.gif

GetAttachmentaspx-1.gif

GetAttachmentaspx.gif

These arent nice photos, the car is filthy but they get the point across! Will clean it in a couple of weeks when the snow has cleared!
Had my exhaust fitted by Fred at BTM Performance, then noticed the poor state of my brakes so had those ordered and fitted a couple of weeks later!

Brembo Discs and Ferodo DS2500s. :)
Pizza011.gif

Pizza014.gif

Pizza016.gif

Pizza019.gif

Pizza022.gif

Pizza024.gif

What i did in the snow... :)
Pizza027.gif

Gave the 182 a thorough clean yesterday!

• Washed using Dodo Juice Shampoo
  • Clayed (Desperately Needed)
  • Hand Polished with Vanilla Clearkote Hand Polish
  • Waxed with Collinite 476
  • Engine Bay had a little scrub down but didnt spend much effort there, will be when i have the new engine cover back from Nathj though!
Recaro's were from a member on CS selling up, he also fitted them for me very kindly!
DSC01226.gif

DSC01227.gif

DSC01222.gif

DSC01220.gif

DSC01230.gif

DSC01234.gif

DSC01237.gif

DSC01240.gif

DSC01245.gif

DSC01243.gif

DSC01244.gif

DSC01242.gif

It started raining before i had chance to do the roof, i had clayed, polished and waxed the rest of the car, but wanted to do the roof last. Ended up not doing it, but it will get done soon. This shows the beading after 2 minutes between the spoiler and roof! lol
DSC01247.gif

DB.

BMW 440i
not bad mate future plans?

Have the resistors fitted for the seats and airbag light taken off.
Coilovers
Maybe change the alloys
Engine Bay Cover and dash strips are being sprayed RB at the moment, will be on next week
Tidy the engine bay up a bit more

Thats for now anyway, im sure there will be more to add to the list!

Excellent progress.

Should go for a couple of photos sometime once I get my car back.

Yeah, sounds good! Dont exactly know my way around Nottingham, but im sure we could find somewhere!

Stunning mate! Silvervisions. :)

When a bulb goes, that will most likely be when i replace them! lol

Porsche Boxster987S
nice mate! Im also heading to steves place with a friend for a very similar car:)

DB.

BMW 440i
nice mate! Im also heading to steves place with a friend for a very similar car:)

I noticed that mate, take his advice on the route into London as i didnt think anything of it and ended up following the Satnav through London. Went through the city centre, past Big Ben, The London Wheel etc, very scenic, but LOTS of traffic! LOL!

Porsche Boxster987S
I noticed that mate, take his advice on the route into London as i didnt think anything of it and ended up following the Satnav through London. Went through the city centre, past Big Ben, The London Wheel etc, very scenic, but LOTS of traffic! LOL!

Were flying to stanstead then steves picking us up from there:)

DB.

BMW 440i
Finally got some new pics of the small updates. NathJ painted a few bits and bobs. He also did the gear knob insert but i decided i wasnt keen on that and have swapped it back for a standard one. :)

Decided to debadge the complete rear end, and replace the Clio badge with the pin holes, with the Renaultsport badge from the 197. I feel as if the old style 'Clio' badge gives the car a slightly more dated look. The steering wheel decal is on, ballsed up the airbag one though. Will get it sorted soon.

The new dash strips and steering wheel insert.
DSC01284.gif

New Rear End.

Before

DSC01238.gif

After
DSC01288.gif

New Engine Bay Cover

Im aiming to sort the metals out next. Think they will either be polished, or sprayed a very light high power silver. :) This will be the next update on the way, most likely next week.

DSC01289.gif

DSC01290.gif