ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daves ph1 172 (not off to a good start)

Black 182
Rte thought id start a blog brought the 172 last sunday on the way home the drive shaft seized up on the m1, got a new shaft tryed to fit it and the cv was seized solid in the hub smacked it and smacked it but wudnt come out. I smacked it that much the bearing fell off the other end of the shaft and ito the box. I ended up taking the hub off and putting it in the 20 tonne press and ended up snapping the caliper mount off the hub so all in all not a gud start but im working throu it slowly got a few pics of this weekends activity:
Started to strip:
DSC00026.jpg

bumper etc off:
DSC00027.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

engine out:
DSC00031.jpg

engine in garage for the nite:
DSC00032.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

new clutch:
DSC00035.jpg

new box:
DSC00036.jpg

box on:
DSC00037.jpg

old timing belt knackered:
DSC00045.jpg

new kit:
DSC00043.jpg

engine goin back in:
DSC00038.jpg

slam panel on:
DSC00040.jpg

rad on:
DSC00041.jpg

bumper on:
DSC00042.jpg

job done:
DSC00047.jpg

Just waiting on hub and lowering springs so i can finish it off.

Comments welcome.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
My god, not a good start!!! Looks like you know what you're doing though, good fookin job;)

ps where did you get car from? Sure I've seen that MAK plate somewhere

Black 182
aslo big thanks to carl (legohead01) with the timing belt info and my mate daz for a hand with the engine crane.

clio 172 luna speedl
well all i did was stand there mate lol. good to see its all come together mate. so u just got hayleys to do a belt on now then? lol

Black 182
f**k that lol luckily hers has just been done lol. there not that bad to work on tbf quite enjoyed it.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Good to see the car mate I bet you can't wait to drive it. Did the gear box go on easy enough? i wouldn't have a clue what to do.

Black 182
yes mate gearbox flew on tbh hopefully get to drive it agen tomoz providing my hub turns up off ebay.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
My cousin was a Renault mech for years so it will keep him busy!

Did you have the box rebuilt? Thats my plan!

Black 182
Bit of an update, springs and hub turned up today so fitted them and the driveshafts after work and have just been for a drive LOVE IT!!!!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Well done mate, i would've had the box reconditioned whilst it was off tho!

Black 182
already spent far to much money on it mate lol i spent best part of £600 and had only driven it home from buyin it lol.

Black 182
Few more up dates:
Firstlt brought a 3/4 plate for the front
DSC00048.jpg

Then got 4 new yoko parada spec 2s:
DSC00049.jpg

Then painted my wheels, always had my wheels gloss black on my other cars so decided to c how these look matt and i really like them, also painted my brakes y i was at it:
DSC00053.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

Ive also stripped the rear seats etc out but havnt any pics atm. cheers.

Track 172 & Golf R32
Looking good mate! how much you get the parada's for? going to order a set tonight for my F1's cheapest ive found is £155 + Postage

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i was lookin at hettin the 3/4 plates. how come they dont sell em in that size for rear plate tho?

monaco 172
Saw this at kfc in congleton on sunday. i came back up the a34 behind you in the monaco blue 172. car looks really nice.

Black 182
yes mate saw you, ure the lad that had dazs old corsa arnt u??? i see you comin past my house most days lol

monaco 172
yea thats me. thort i recognised u when i saw you but wasnt sure where from. but must be through daz iv met u

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
already spent far to much money on it mate lol i spent best part of £600 and had only driven it home from buyin it lol.
Would be a bugger if the box failed tho!

Btw, 4 Toyo T1-r's are only £112 from Camskill!

#001 172 Exclusive
i cant believe what your doin with it davy its just not fair!! i reckon someone will buy that whole instead of breakin it!!
cant wait see bex's 182!