ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daves 182 (pic heavy)

clio 182 FF
I thought id start a thread for my clio 182. Its a 54 plate with both cup packs and has covered 81k miles upto now.

I have owned the car 3 weeks now and love it so far. So far i have done the following:

New number plates as the ones on the car were scabby (altho i may go for a 3/4 size plate on the front soon)

New drivers side tail light as it was cracked

bought a centre cap for one of the alloys as one was missing

applied several layers of polish:cool:
20130922_165136.jpg

20130922_165119.jpg

20130922_165109.jpg

20130922_165052.jpg

20130922_165046.jpg

20130922_165037.jpg

20130922_165028.jpg

20130922_165017.jpg

20130922_165001.jpg

20130922_164951.jpg

20130922_164945.jpg

20130922_164934.jpg

20130922_164925.jpg

20130922_164918.jpg

20130922_164911.jpg

20130922_164902.jpg

20130922_164849.jpg

I dont have big plans for the car. Only immediate plans are to get the bonnet resprayed as theres a fair few chips on the bonnet. The rest of the car is in realy good nick.

im also looking into giving it a subtle drop just to make it sit nicer, been looking at the cooksport springs.

I also plan to get a pair of toyo proxes t1r's for the rear. The fronts have a brand new set of toyo's on but the rears are miss matched cheapo's .

I will probably do few other bits and bobs but i want to keep the car looking nice and subtle.

I will update this thread as and when i do bits. Im not in a huge rush though as perfection takes time:cool:

also you cant realy see it in the pics but the headlights are slightly cloudy so im going to give the 3m restoration kit a go sometime soon

thanks for taking time to view this.

Last edited:
  clio 182 FF
Just got round to fitting this.

20131123_154025-1.jpg

not exactly a big update :rasp:

looking to order an aux-in for my standard sound system soon aswell :)

20131123_154035.jpg

Volantech CC Panels
looks pretty much perfect, all you can do is lower slightly and maybe get some spacers, apart from that its perfect

clio 182 FF
looks pretty much perfect, all you can do is lower slightly and maybe get some spacers, apart from that its perfect

Thanks mate.

yeah, i think the 182's are pretty well sorted from factory. Only real plans for mine are lowered (cooksports most likely) and spacers as you say, bonnet respray as theres a few stone chips and looking into getting the 3m restoration for the headlights as there slightly cloudy.

its already got a stainless cat back system which i like the sound of, so no worrys there.

Less is more with these imo

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I also plan to get a pair of toyo proxes t1r's for the rear. The fronts have a brand new set of toyo's on but the rears are miss matched cheapo's .

Toyos are pretty s**t anyway mate. Do yourself a favour and get some premium rubber so the car can perform how it's meant to.

I have always sworn by Pilot exaltos/sports but Hancooks are meant to be a decent and slightly cheaper alternative but personally for the extra 10 quid per corner or whatever it is I haven't been tempted to try them myself.

Edit: just occurred you will have 16s so likely to be a bit more than 10 quid per corner more but still worth it IMO.

Volantech CC Panels
Thanks mate.

yeah, i think the 182's are pretty well sorted from factory. Only real plans for mine are lowered (cooksports most likely) and spacers as you say, bonnet respray as theres a few stone chips and looking into getting the 3m restoration for the headlights as there slightly cloudy.

its already got a stainless cat back system which i like the sound of, so no worrys there.

Less is more with these imo

yeah man defo, they basically make them amazing from stock, unless you're gonna remap or turbo or something to make them faster

clio 182 FF
Toyos are pretty s**t anyway mate. Do yourself a favour and get some premium rubber so the car can perform how its meant to

Personally, i rate the toyo's. I had them on my impreza and my mitsubishi 3000gt (both of which had close to double the power of the clio) and never had a problem with them. They perform exellent for fast road. They are more than adequate for what i am going to be using the car for.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Personally, i rate the toyo's. I had them on my impreza and my mitsubishi 3000gt (both of which had close to double the power of the clio) and never had a problem with them. They perform exellent for fast road. They are more than adequate for what i am going to be using the car for.

Fair enough, but power doesn't rely on tyre grip until you're pushing high power through 1 or 2 wheels, you might feel differently with the Clio.

clio 182 FF
Fair enough, but power doesn't rely on tyre grip until you're pushing high power through 1 or 2 wheels, you might feel differently with the Clio.

Do you think id be better off switching the new toyo's that are on the front to the back, then putting a better set on the front such as michelins or pirrellis.

Or do i go for a full matching set of toyo's?

Whats your opinion?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Do you think id be better off switching the new toyo's that are on the front to the back, then putting a better set on the front such as michelins or pirrellis.

Or do i go for a full matching set of toyo's?

Whats your opinion?

In your situation 2x Michelins at the front will be better than no Michelins lol.

I wouldn't say throw away 2 good tyres as I have had Toyos on my car before and they're not dangerous, they're just not the best. I have never understood why people rate them.

I went into the side of some bint last year, I was doing 30 and they came from a concealed junction and stopped in my lane of traffic (completely their fault however I could have considered someone might do this). I had no time to react and stamped the brakes, I bent her drivers side doors in and my car came off with a scuff. So maybe the collision occurred at 5mph or so.

If I didn't have good rubber on that would have been much worse and probably cost me hundreds rather than nothing.

That's a really unlikely situation but coupled with the fact you have more grip when you want to have some fun it's a no brainer.

clio 182 FF
I finally got round to cleaning my crank sensor this weekend.

the car has had a bit of an intermittent start problem since ive had it. If you turned the key to start the car, sometimes it would turn over,stop, then turn over again and start. Other times it would turn over a couple of seconds before firing up. Most of the time (80% or so) it would start up fine. However, it was obvious something wasnt quite right.

so after a bit of research, it became apparent that the crank position sensor could be at fault.

After finally getting it off, it had a thick layer of surface corrosion. This is a pic of it, with one side polished up and the other as i found it.

20131207_142833.jpg

as you can see, a big difference.

fitted it back in and the car now starts straight away every time.

it also seems smoother on tick over aswell?

It appears to have cured it, so jobs a good un.

if anyone else has this problem id recommend trying this. It takes about 20-30 mins and all you need is 10mm socket and ratchet.

gave it a good clean today too:approve:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh I thought the bits at the side of the sensor were just to mount it. When I took mine out I just cleaned the little magnet bit on the bottom, this will explain why the fault has started again!

clio 182 FF
You might be right. i cleaned the whole thing. There is also a bit on the bottom which i cleaned aswell. after the going on i had getting it off, i just cleaned every bit of it, including obviously the pins, which were just as bad as the outside.

clio 182 FF
Quick update

Swapped out my old set of tired rear dampers for a new set. The set that came off were in awful condition. Its no wonder the back end would occasionally step out when navigating a bend.

feels much better now and was only a half hour job

next up is to get some decent rubber all round and im going to do a full rear brake overhaul as both rear bearings need changing anyway and the brakes are well worn on the back.

Anyone know the best place to get decent tyres? Ive tried ebay, blackcircles and all the obvious places. Anyone got any recommendations?