ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dave 63's new Candy White Golf Gti

DB.

BMW 440i
Love it... I am now wanting a MkV GTi and the Girlfriend has agreed so heading out later to test drive one and see what I think, I reckon I will be going 5 door too as she will still have her 3dr Clio once mine is gone.
I really like having 5 drs now. Prefer 5 over 3. Love just chucking stuff in the back and avoiding the leaning over etc.

Lol. My boss' Passat does this. Really annoys me when I drive it :eek:

Lovely car, Dave. What are the differences between this and the Ed30?

Ed 30 has the Pescara alloys which are much nice, mine are the Monzas.
Ed 30 is 230bhp rather than 200bhp, different lump
Ed 30 has the leather version of my interior
Same head unit as mine.
Slightly different skirts and rear bumper. Ill be getting the Ed 30 bumper eventually!

That's it i think, those are the main things anyway!

DB.

BMW 440i
Yeah. I adjusted the volume. Then turned it off. Moved it round. Then turned it back on :eek:

I've done this once in the golf. Don't notice it most of the time though. Always have the dual control heating on the exact same number though. Can't be doing with this unevenness!

DB.

BMW 440i
There's a Pirelli for sale on mk5golfgti ATM.

Interiors ok and wheels are gash! I personally wouldn't get one!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice car mate.

I reckon it will be similar so my s3 - feels pretty 'boring' compared to a Clio but a lot nicer place to be.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Ed30 has the KO4 turbo as apposed to the Ko3, map to about 280 the Ed30.

Nice car mate, defo an upgrade. Loved mine till it started miss-firing lol

Money pit. :(

Edition 30 map to 300 + with just a map although most make way more than the factory quoted 230 .
Still fetching a lot of cash thou . Pirelli has gayest wheels ever fitted to a car :)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Personally think the new models look a bit odd in 3 door. I have a 5 door to ;) so I'm with ya!

How much did you part with for the head unit? It was one of the first things we looked into when we got the golf, and still haven't done it

DB.

BMW 440i
£550 plus a little extra for the iPod MDI kit. Nick on R32 owners club, based in essex sorted me out. Fitted it too.

Looks nice mate! Saw one the same today, US spec rear bumper + on it's arse, that was all. Looked spot on!

DB.

BMW 440i
Armrest and Ed 30 rear bumper/colour coded skirts and i will be made up!

Still an awesome car, and more than satisfying even on a country road blast, despite many saying it is very boring. Love it!

DB.

BMW 440i
Oh and something so many cars lack, a dark coloured interior roof. Such a small thing makes the interior feel much nicer!

DB.

BMW 440i
I'll update the pics on the next clean, hopefully with another mod by then if the right bits come up at the right price!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I said about the dark roof lining to the Girlfriend, Only other car I have seen that has this was a 3 Series BMW, Does make the cabin seem a nicer place to be.

DB.

BMW 440i
You really need to update this with new pictures mate! Ha

Lol I really haven't taken to modding this one past what I did with the H/U. I just love the car as it is really so kind of left this thread, only money has been spent on maintenance, eg. tyres, service, cambelt, waterpump etc, not forgetting the hours spent keeping it looking immaculate!

My next car may end up being tinkered with a little bit more, especially as I'm now in a decent job having graduated with a good starting salary etc.

I've been putting money aside for soemthing already, thinking along the lines of an S3 at the moment but time will tell!

TTRS & V50
Deffo S3, nice upgrade from a GTi. I envy a decent starting salary. Been graduated a year and only just got to where I want.

DB.

BMW 440i
I did do a placement year as part of my degree on £15k so I supposed that goes some way towards it. My mrs struggled to get a decent placement year so has had to accept a lower first year graduate salary.

Considered a few Mercs and BMWs but the RWD puts me off.

TTRS & V50
Ah yeah I suppose that is pretty much a year of industry exp.

Hate Mercs even though I work next to Petronas and see AMG's everyday. BMW your too young for, get R32 or S3.

DB.

BMW 440i
Not a fan of R32s, I'm 23 now and will be 24 when I buy. I was considering a 330 convertible but prefer the Audis tbh! I'll be keeping my next one a fair while as I'm looking to buy a house the year after next!