ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard WARNING light

53 Clio 172
I hav only had my 53 plate 172 for 3 days and a warning light has come on. Its labeled in the manual as preheating?electric fault??

The car is under 3 month warranty thank the LORD!! If anyone has had this problem please please advise!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
mine's the same for about a, hour and won't go past 3000 rpm.
anybody? :(

53 Clio 172
Still no luck with this guys! Keeps doing it but intermittently which is a pain for a garage to diagnose even if it stores the lights that come on!

They have replaced throttle pedontionmeter and its been to renault 3 times now withto no avail

Im losing hope with the car and beginning to stop loving it

I havn't washed her in a few months now.....

53 Clio 172
Not sure, its just one of those things that could be anything?? I could try that, how much can you pick them up for?

Just getting fed up and want somebody to wave a wand to it! haha cheers mate

Da

Less
If it was the coil pack it would be miss firing/running lumpy.

So when it's been in to Renault there are no faults stored in the memory?

53 Clio 172
The worst thing is that the same warning light keeps coming on therefore it stores a long list of it but they just seem to not have a clue (this is an official renault garage too)

Hence why I feel a bit hopeless...

53 Clio 172
hello mate,

YES!!

thank every god in the universe! It ended up being the wiring loom from the throttle to the injection module (something along those lines)

a guy called Tom off here (westsrenault) pm'd me and said he might know what it is and then I drove to cambs,picked it up a week later and BANG the problem was gone!

Hasn't done it since...touch a big fat massive plank of wood!