ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard and rear lights not working

Renault Clio 2.0 182
Hi all,

I have a problem, ive been on holiday for 2 weeks, got back and now for some reason my dashboard lights do not illuminate nor do my rear sidelights...Ive heard fuses could be the problem but doesnt seem to have sorted it unless im trying the wrong fuse?

I also got told to disconnect the battery, then unplug the fusebox, leave it for a few minutes connect back up and try again. I did this but again nothing... Im not puzzled!! Any ideas?

Thanks

A few
Look in your fuse box at the passenger side, it should be a 15 amp one (blue colour). Take each one out and check each carefully. Broken fuse is normally the most common cause for your problem.

Renault Clio 2.0 182
Thanks for the reply, I have checked all fuses but was looking for a 10 amp red fuse so will double check, thank you!

Bumder With A Buffer
No its basically under the glovebox where the relays are kept.

As said its more then likely the fuse. Mine did the same but I cant remember which one.

Renault Clio 2.0 182
Cheers for all the feedback people, just to let everyone know or anyone who has this problem in the future, it was the relays...apparently they had been messed around with before so were a faulty...all sorted now though ;)

Bit of a bump, but getting off the ferry after my Le Mans trip in the Clio. I found I had the same situation, no lights on the dash or rear sidelights, so I drove home with full fogs on down the A3.

Found this thread this morning and low and behold a loose relay.

Cliosport.net wins again.

GW 200T
I have lights on dash but they fade really badly so it kust about lit but may not as well bother as its that dime. Could that be a relay or a bulb behind the dials

clio Sport 182 - 04
Thanks for the reply, I have checked all fuses but was looking for a 10 amp red fuse so will double check, thank you!
My dashboard panel, nearside tail light and number plate lights were out. I found this diagram that shows the fuse as the 3rd row down, far right. Found it weird how the offside tail light still worked but I guess it makes sense to have them on different circuits so you still have one light working should the fuse blow