ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash removal problem

RB 182
Right..

After following the fubar guide step by step and removing all screws I get to the point where I pull the dash from the back with even force from both side.. All parts come loose and seemingly freed..

But the two brackets on the back of the airbag module seem to be slightly bent which is still holding them to the lugs on the underneath of dash behind these brackets..

I can't see a way to try and straighten the brackets up without forcefully levering the dash up to get access, or the same to unbolt the airbag module..

Anyone had the same issues?? Solutions around the problem..

Many thanks

RB 182
Not the easier think to photograph or decipher..

But at the back of the airbag there is a bar that goes up with 3 holes in to obviously keep the dash planted when the airbag deploys..

c4686211.gif

cb92fa69.gif

press down on that area on the top of the dash and pull the dash down and towards the interior of the car at the same time. itll have been off a few times and the bracket been pulled forward causing it to catch, lifting will only make it worse

RB 182
Well I've now got past that point as it was obvious that it was decry story stuck there and I'd applied the press and pulled as stated above..

And I've unbolted the airbag module.. Both clips either side are now free but the one in the middle is still fighting.. Will endeavour to try and beat it tommorow,

The more you pull the worse it will get. You need to make sure the panel is down far enough to disengage before pulling towards you or it will just get tighter and tighter

RB 182
Yeah I think this is what has happened previously which is why I'd didn't just disengage the first time.

I'm going to have a look at disconnecting the airbag now it's free and take it out with the dash and free it when I can fully see what's happen as with where it us your a bit blind.. :)

I had this problem on my 1.2, that was 2 hours of swearing and pulling i wont get back.

Eventually i got a long wood file, or anything long and thin will work, and tapped back the metal air bag tabs freeing it, then bent it back after.

RB 182
^^ cheers fella,

Yeah I had looked for a long narrow bar to do that exact same process,but i couldn't find anything long enough..

Pleased I'm not alone though, with the 2hes if swearing at a bit if plastic..

RB 182
yeah this is exactly how long i "thought" it should have took me... Only 2 minutes before i thought this is going well, big mistake..

RS2'd Trophy
Im going to try and get mine out this weekend and fit the new dash! are there any other problemarea/bolts I need to know about?

Just pull straight back towards you, not up IIRC.

I only had trouble the 3rd time i removed my dash... and in hast/forget i think i did pull upwards instead of straight back.

RB 182
Im going to try and get mine out this weekend and fit the new dash! are there any other problemarea/bolts I need to know about?

No mate the guide is bang on i just seemed to have trouble even though i followed it directly..

Just pull straight back towards you, not up IIRC.

I only had trouble the 3rd time i removed my dash... and in hast/forget i think i did pull upwards instead of straight back.

If id done it without thinking i wouldnt have been so pissed at it for been stuborn but its just one of them things.. All i wanted to do was get my HU and handfree all set up nothing amazing and its turned into a right arse..

RB 182
Well after all the back ache and swearing at plastic yesterday I went out today and within two minutes it was freed and in my hands..

I was well happy at the ease but annoyed it had fought so much yesterday.. Hour later were all plugged up and running..
b7e0b1ac.jpg

Result!! :)