ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash foglight comes on when press brakes

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I know this has been covered before- when I hit the brakes on the 182 the foglight flickers on the dash

I think its corroded connectors-

what ones need cleaning

thanks in advance

S

Audi A5
Most common cause of this is the connector and light cluster pins on one of the rear light units.

Best bet is to remove them and have a look, if their really corroded it will need a new cluster and connector, if not too bad then you can try cleaning up the terminals and see if the fault stops.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Cheers-

Its been so long since ive a had a cluster off- is the pins on the wiring block on the loom or in the lights-

S

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's generally the female side within the block on the car's end Steve.

Pull the clip on the plug remove them all individually and give them a quick once over with wire wool. Quick go over of the cluster with a cotton bud or similar to dry it out and it'll be sorted.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I checked mine the other week because i was getting the flickering foglight symbol on the dash , but my connectors were like new in both clusters . I think mine was just moisture , i sprayed them liberally with WD40 and that sorted it for me .