ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Error

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
When I start the ignition sometimes I get a flashing error on my milometer saying "oil -------------" I checked the oil and its fine? It has the service light up to? Anyone else had this issue before? It flashes with those lines for a minute or 2 and then it shows the millage as normal but the SERV light remains on?

Clio 200 Cup
I checked the oil and its fine?

Guess he did that bit already.

I guess there'll be an level swich somewhere near the bottom of the block. You could try checking that? I would presume a closed contact when the level is ok and a open contact when the level is low.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Are you parking with you front end higher than the rear (on a hill) as this can make this happen as the oil is there, but the sensor cant see it so brings warning up.

I'm pretty sure that just means it needs a service or it hasn't been reset since it last had a service done.

I think you turn the ignition on while pressing and holding the mileage reset button but it's been a long time since I've been in a Clio.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The level senders do go faulty (My Laguna Turbo did this a couple of times and then stopped doing it till the day I sold it) and when they do they tell the dash there's no oil hence the warning.

If you are 100% sure the electronic oil level check reading is incorrect and have confirmed the oil level by the dip stick then It could be a wiring fault but it could be the oil level sensor itself.

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
Thanks for the reply's! the car was on a flat surface all night started it up at work that night and the error came up. Left the car for a few hours and started as usual and no error. Suppose its just an electronic glitch that just happens now and then? Hmm thanks all!