ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash computer problems, please help.

Iceberg Silver 172
Ive got 3 problems with the stupid computer in the dash of my 1seven2.

1st- The range gauge just flashes lines ------ like its working out the range but it never does show the range left?!?! is it meant to flash as it works it out?

2nd- What the foook is the "G" part in the computer??

3rd_ why does it reset itself all the time?? trip meter, mpg, ect ect it so so annoying, it doesnt do it as i drive just in between use. i dunno if theres something wrong with the computer or what.

Any help would be very grateful thanks Nick

MK3 GTI golf 16v
no idea why it does it, but saw something in a thread a few days ago about holding the trip meter button and the buttong on the end of one of the controler stalks for a few seconds as the saem time. and after a few seconds all the dials do a little dance and stuff resets. somehting along those lines anyway, it may help im not sure. worth a go though

does that make sence :S ?

Iceberg Silver 172
no idea why it does it, but saw something in a thread a few days ago about holding the trip meter button and the buttong on the end of one of the controler stalks for a few seconds as the saem time. and after a few seconds all the dials do a little dance and stuff resets. somehting along those lines anyway, it may help im not sure. worth a go though

does that make sence :S ?

sweet, so if i hold the reset button and the button on the end of the stalk it might change something?? i will try it tomorrow, and post up my results

MK3 GTI golf 16v
sweet, so if i hold the reset button and the button on the end of the stalk it might change something?? i will try it tomorrow, and post up my results

yeah it was soemthing like that mate, worth a go. ill have a quick look and see if i can find the thread

Iceberg Silver 172
cheers man i will have aproper read tomorrow as i try it.

Does anyone know what the "G" part of the computer is??

BMW M135i
If you're seeing that then somethings not right as the dash has to be in diag mode for that to display, check the fuel sender connection under the rear bench and clean it up for the range reading dashes.

PH1 172
If the trip computers resetting itself it generally means your batteries on the way out.

+1

If you're seeing that then somethings not right as the dash has to be in diag mode for that to display, check the fuel sender connection under the rear bench and clean it up for the range reading dashes.

Had the above happen once my trip computer starting to reset, after looking on here I replaced my battery and the ------ dissapeared and showed the correct info again.

Clio 172
I was just about to start a thread about the computer resetting as mine keeps doing it over night.
I was thinking it was to do with the cold weather?

Iceberg Silver 172
The reset trick has sorted my range part of the computer, but i will have to wait till the morning to see if the hole thing resets the mpg, trip ect over night. cheers for the computer reset trick tho clancy.

Clio 172
I'm abit confused coz it doesnt reset when sat for 9 hours at work but does when sat for 12 - 13 hours over night, not much longer than during the day.

Any ideas?

Iceberg Silver 172
I'm abit confused coz it doesnt reset when sat for 9 hours at work but does when sat for 12 - 13 hours over night, not much longer than during the day.

Any ideas?

no idea mate mine is exactly the same, only seems to reset over night, not long periods during the day! i cant work it out for s**t

Evo 8 MR
I've had this issue and a new battery sorted it.

It's to do with the battery not holding it's charge enough so when your starting it up it cuts the supply to the trip computer as it's not as important so it can concentrate on starting.

E87 118d M Sport
Anyone know what a competative price for a battery is? I havent been car battery shopping for years lol

172 cup
i got mine from halfords the prices were 54.99 74.99 and i think the most expensive was 94.99 for my clio i went for the 75quid one bit more powerful than other not sure what dealer prices are though!!