ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Coil Light & Not Starting issues

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Hi all,

Over the last couple of days travelling to and from CSF, the car experienced one or two issues.

1, The coil light (centre of display/pictured) displayed after an hour of driving, a loss of power whilst this was on. We stopped the car and turned the engine off. Tried turning it back over to start and no luck. No click, no signs of power. We tried bump starting the car and that worked fine, once it was started it ran faultlessly all the way home. Following that it started up straight away the following morning. Any ideas?

2, Driving it back last night, I had no dim lights on parts of the dash, but when I turned the lights off at the garage and tried turning them back on again, the headlights came on but the speedo lights/dash lights are all off? What would of caused this?

Are these faults all linked, anyone have any idea of what this could been. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• SNC00054.jpg
    SNC00054.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 132
  dan's cast offs.
Electrical fault light, check white connector, fuses and relays under the bonnet and then engine and loom earth and take it from there.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Also check the wires going to the fuel pump under the rear seat. Mine had symilar symptoms to yours and one of the wires had worn away and was making a bad connection.

172 cup
Mine does this ( the orange light coming on and not starting , i dunno why, i just dissconect the batterey then reconect and its fine but dunno why