ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
15799167910_90a75b180e_b.jpg

Just noticed you are missing a small piece of arch liner that covers the aux belt, it clips to that vertical bar at the back. only noticed as I was looking at this the other day:
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/drivers-side-arch-liner.764152/#post-10578322

CLIO 182
Yeah the second biggest bit, monstrous!

Yeah interesting. The bigger damper can give a better damping feel but can have sometimes have a negative effect on track when running without a piggyback/ remote oil reservoir as the bigger piston diameter gives a smaller oil cappacity, thats why for eg the sachs dampers have a reservoir. The oil can heat up faster and cause performance fade. Wander if that's why some people have slated these on track hmmm but im no expert lol only going of what ive been told in the past. As these predominantly get good reviews both road and track

Renault Clio 172
I'm pretty sure they are AVO, as when I've tried to find longer springs, all the diameters bring up there's as options.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure that's what is happening with these, it's hard to explain but the reason they are such big diameter is because that part is the fluid part and the damper, the rod you'd normally see on other shocks is inside of the leg and bolted to the bottom, or did you know that?
b8774c8996d6f35030d85fe2bda7ddd7.jpg

CLIO 182
I'm pretty sure they are AVO, as when I've tried to find longer springs, all the diameters bring up there's as options.
Ahh would explain the AVO sticker on the back dampers lol i thought that was just a sticker someone had put on, I cant say ive ever really heard of them. Might do some digging haha :up: they had some beefy diameter piston too

CLIO 182
Not sure that's what is happening with these, it's hard to explain but the reason they are such big diameter is because that part is the fluid part and the damper rod you'd normally see on other shocks is inside of the leg and bolted to the bottom, or did you know that?
b8774c8996d6f35030d85fe2bda7ddd7.jpg
Yeah I did buddy, sorry if it sounded like I was slating the bigger diameter I wasnt lol they are far more superior as they can transfer a much greater force. And typically the bigger diameter dampers have a much higher oil viscosity to compensate :up:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
So I've been for a drive out to work in Leeds, then to Harrogate to see the woman then back again and I've concluded that they need setting up properly! That will be tomorrow night.

I knew they wouldn't be set up and especially without those washers on I haven't given it hell but it feels really twitching and unbalanced, obviously!! So tomorrow's job after work again (sigh), is to measure the cup distance as how @incy-spider suggested and get them equal as best as I can as remember last night in my hungry, tired, coffee fuelled state I span one of the cups to loosen the coil when I discovered the top mount bolts has broken to release some tension and mustn't have got it equal in comparison to the other one. I'll get them equal as best as I can tomorrow and fit those washers.

Renault Clio 172
Ahh would explain the AVO sticker on the back dampers lol i thought that was just a sticker someone had put on, I cant say ive ever really heard of them. Might do some digging haha :up: they had some beefy diameter piston too
I didn't measure the diameter of the dampers, but the rear springs were just under 2inch (no idea why it's imperial measurements, I got it 48mm) and the front were 2 1/4 inch, so the dampers are obviously less than that

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Set it at a height you want it then get 4 wheel alignment done, should handle like it's on rails then.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
seriously, respect for keeping the Lada, looks pretty cool!!

CLIO 182
seriously, respect for keeping the Lada, looks pretty cool!!
Sadly the Lada doesn't get much love and it genuinely is sad as it belonged to my Granddad who passed away and left me it. I would love to restore it to its former glory as it a cool little car! I learnt to drive in it! Mainly in a field drifting around a tree! And it was my first car I ever worked on! So there is some serious memories in that little lada! But because they were made our of metal that was already rusting when it left the factory the sills are none existent! There literally gone! Believe it or not I actually had an MOT on this and drove it on the road once upon a time :cry:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
@Ant_Smiggy you've done a gash job there with the cleaning, it's still f**king dirty ;) hahaha

The alpaca's get me every time, no way can anyone take those animals seriously. Brought to this earth purely for comedy value??

15812817260_b1f23fed4d_o.png
Untitled by dann2707, on Flickr

I just zoomed in on that bit and pissed myself laugh, look at it strutting its hoof FLOL

Anyway, just got in from the pissing rain (making the most of the new lamp haha) as i've levelled out the coilys at the front, they were 6mm different from each other. Levelled them and raised them for the clutch tomorrow as apparently they might get some issues getting it on the ramp with it being that low. Greased them to f**k too with copper grease.

Also fitted those rear washers thanks to @incy-spider for the tips.

CLIO 182
@Ant_Smiggy you've done a gash job there with the cleaning, it's still f**king dirty :wink: hahaha

The alpaca's get me every time, no way can anyone take those animals seriously. Brought to this earth purely for comedy value??

15812817260_b1f23fed4d_o.png
Untitled by dann2707, on Flickr

I just zoomed in on that bit and pissed myself laugh, look at it strutting its hoof FLOL

Anyway, just got in from the pissing rain (making the most of the new lamp haha) as i've levelled out the coilys at the front, they were 6mm different from each other. Levelled them and raised them for the clutch tomorrow as apparently they might get some issues getting it on the ramp with it being that low. Greased them to f**k too with copper grease.

Also fitted those rear washers thanks to @incy-spider for the tips.

Excuse me I think you'll find that Alpacas do not have hooves but have toes, two on each foot to be exact 😂