ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damn thats cold!

Clio 172
I knew it was cold this morning but this was a surprise!
IMAG0161.jpg

The cold weather managed to reset my on board computer, freeze my gearbox and ruin my exhaust mount, I also think some other bushes are fooked coz got some knocking now.

How has the snow and cold weather affected your car?

AUDI A5 s-sline
Jesus! My car read -7 this morning n I thought that was cold! :eek: Lol. My just creeks alot now. And my doors were stuck solid this morning! :(.

nice! i remember taking a picture early this year when we had the last lot of snow and it was -17 lol :/ stupiddddddd

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Put the injector light on
frozen the hand brake on
frozen the door shut
Made my nose cold

Clio 197 RB
Struggled to get my petrol cap (the bit with the key insert) to open, the key wouldnt turn!
But im in london and its only -4c.

Clio 172
Oh yer my car squeeks alot now also, nearly broke the handle trying to get in today coz was frozen shut.

The wipers go soooo slow even when on max speed.

Much prefer sun!

Clio 172
Struggled to get my petrol cap (the bit with the key insert) to open, the key wouldnt turn!
But im in london and its only -4c.

It was -11c when i went work this morning. Went put some fuel in when i had finished and mine was froze solid. Was only -3 then aswell

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F

Handbrake was frozen on and now the handbrake light randomly flashes....

Suzuki Ignis
The golf has been leakin coolant so I had to top it up with water the other day and ain't had a chance to sort it. Frozen solid this mornin but I didn't realize it was frozen till the temp was gettin a bit high and it overheated on the moors this morning.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
My battery is definitely getting lazy, other than that to be fair to the Clio it hasn't skipped a beat. And it's a 6 year old battery so I guess it's done it's time.

Having spent several weeks being a bit disappointed with it, I'm chuffed it's done so well in the crappy weather. Took me bloody ages to get out of my road this morning as it was just ice, but got there in the end :) and how awesome is the screenwash setup? Didn't even freeze in -8 this morning! I spent most of last winter with no screenwash as my old car froze up regardless of how strong the solution was! That sucked.

Dodgy one
My cars sat on the drive this week, Living close to work and legs FTW :)

Moved it on Thursday though, fired up ok all fine bar gearbox oil being a bit thick

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
whats the white s**t in the coin tray? mine has broke my wipers :eek: and today there was frost inside the car... when i was scraping it off the windscreen little curls of snow were falling on my dash

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
i saw -18 on the way to derby this morning in my van....my 172 has been sat outside for two weeks now and will probably stay there untill it reaches 0< degrees

Cadillac, BMW
whooa! I thought you're on Pandora. that is really cold man...you need some mods and upgradations in the future...but still amazed about it:cool::cool:

I havent driven the A3 in 4 days. Drove into work this morning and it sounded like it was about to explode.

Jap Box
Mmmm black ice everywhere this morning, parked my car up in a hedge 100meters down the road and walked back up, good luck to the oil truck infront of me trying to get down the hill lmao

Clio 172
Mmmm black ice everywhere this morning, parked my car up in a hedge 100meters down the road and walked back up, good luck to the oil truck infront of me trying to get down the hill lmao

Parked your car in a hedge? Does that mean you crashed into one?

Jap Box
Parked your car in a hedge? Does that mean you crashed into one?

Wouldnt really count it, might have scratched the front bumper abit if that, not that it matters because the front bumpers cracked anyway lol. Safest place to leave it was the hedge, out of the road before the idiots at the top of my road belt it down there and slide!

Clio RS 182
Main issue I have is that the windscreen washers remained frozen up even after a 25 mile trip!! That's despite having put in the anti freeze stuff......

Anyone know if u can get a washer/nozzle heater kit for the 182? :(

CLIO 172 CUP....
petrol cap froz and took me about 10min to get it open and looked like a dick doing it as well in the npetrol station. other than that all good..

JMR

RB 182 Cup
My washer pumps didnt work until the car had warmed up - didnt know if this was a safety mechanism?
All working fine now. :)

320d
My 172 developed a suspension knock as a result of the snow last year :dapprove: My MX5 has been spot on so far, except it wanting to go sideways everywhere ;)

Megane 225 F1
I'm scared to go in mine. It has been sat for about 4 days. Something is going to break on it.

Clio 172 Cup
Mines been 100% so far, got -18 on A1 past Metro Centre yesterday at 6am.

I've nick named mine the 17PLOW...