ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damn car!!!!!!!! :@

none :(
Ok just when i thought nothing else could go wrong on my car, it once again proved me wrong, now two things have gone wrong!

1) Sounds like the exhaust is blowing as there is a much deeper noise when accelerating than before and when i sit with the engine idling i can here it kind of 'spluttering' from the under the car, if you understand...i think it may be where the midsection joins the back box or a gasket in the catalic (can't spell it sorry).

Is this fairly cheap to fix? as i dont get paid untill the end of the month, and its got to be a garage job because i a) dont have the tools and b) dont have the time.

2) It doesn't like starting....sometimes it takes 5 seconds others it takes around 15 mins. Sounds like something is rotating (starter motor) but going too slow and not cranking the engine but if i leave it 5/10 mins after trying to start it, it usually starts!

sorry for the essay but better than several threads :eek: oh p.s. i struggled to hit 60 on the way home.....i know its only a 1.2 but come on! i have had over 100 out of it :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not starting sounds your battery is going, a new one should sort it, or a full re charge.

As for the exhaust, blowing in my experience doesn't normally cost too much to fix, unless its a massived hole in the backbox or something, as it could just need some exhaust paste.

I'm not the most experienced person, so maybe i'm wrong, but i tried. :D

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Ok just when i thought nothing else could go wrong on my car, it once again proved me wrong, now two things have gone wrong!

1) Sounds like the exhaust is blowing as there is a much deeper noise when accelerating than before and when i sit with the engine idling i can here it kind of 'spluttering' from the under the car, if you understand...i think it may be where the midsection joins the back box or a gasket in the catalic (can't spell it sorry).

Is this fairly cheap to fix? as i dont get paid untill the end of the month, and its got to be a garage job because i a) dont have the tools and b) dont have the time.

2) It doesn't like starting....sometimes it takes 5 seconds others it takes around 15 mins. Sounds like something is rotating (starter motor) but going too slow and not cranking the engine but if i leave it 5/10 mins after trying to start it, it usually starts!

sorry for the essay but better than several threads :eek: oh p.s. i struggled to hit 60 on the way home.....i know its only a 1.2 but come on! i have had over 100 out of it :(

(highlighted) mine'sdoing the same mechanic said it was were the downpipe is its like a Flexi hose?:S thats broken inside/or lose inside so needs new 1.

none :(
hmm not sure, think it may be where my midsection was 'bodged' onto the back box...getting it checked over tomorrow hopefully so will let you know. also another thing, when i put the steering on full lock and not moving there is a grinding noise and it can take the revs down by about 500 when idling at 1k and nearly stalls...is that normall in old ish clios...i'm guessing it isn't :S

hmm not sure, think it may be where my midsection was 'bodged' onto the back box...getting it checked over tomorrow hopefully so will let you know. also another thing, when i put the steering on full lock and not moving there is a grinding noise and it can take the revs down by about 500 when idling at 1k and nearly stalls...is that normall in old ish clios...i'm guessing it isn't :S

Sounds like the PAS pump adjusters not plugged it as it helps ensure the engine revs up whent he pumps in use at idel as such.