ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damaged centre/front heat shield

Volvo S40
Hi all,

Fitted a new megane/scenic shifter to my car today.

Managed to wiggle the old one out and get the new one in without removing my decat but unfortunately I got a bit carried away and I've ripped the larger heatshield towards the front of the car quite badly (the one that sits in front of the decat around the bottom of the manifold area).

I now can't attach the smaller heatshield that sits under the shifter to the larger heatshield as the ripped area is where the spring clips for the bolts to go into were attached.

The smaller heatshield is still attached to the car with the 2 bolts at the rear and nothing seems to be moving around too much so I'm assuming all will be fine, it's just a bit mangled!

Can anyone see this causing me any serious issues?

Would a new heatshield only be available from renault? Had a Google and couldn't see them for sale anywhere.

Many thanks in advance.

172 Ph1
Get some pics up fella so we can see your damage .

When I fitted mine , I didn't do half as much damage as yours sounds .

I cut mine and positioned it accordingly to suit best as it would go .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451596148.412939.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451596215.133650.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451596323.076095.jpg

Volvo S40
Thanks for the reply and the pictures! Will get some next time I'm under the car but that's not likely to be for at least a week or so. Drove about 130 miles today and there was no rattling so it must be ok for now!
Is yours a ph1? It looks like the heat shields might be different... Did you have a small square heat shield under the shifter itself to remove? Have you left the underside of the shifter exposed like in your pictures? What did you cut the heat shield with out of interest? Sorry for question time!

172 Ph1
Thanks for the reply and the pictures! Will get some next time I'm under the car but that's not likely to be for at least a week or so. Drove about 130 miles today and there was no rattling so it must be ok for now!
Is yours a ph1? It looks like the heat shields might be different... Did you have a small square heat shield under the shifter itself to remove? Have you left the underside of the shifter exposed like in your pictures? What did you cut the heat shield with out of interest? Sorry for question time!

Yes Ph1 , the small piece under the shifter had to go because the extended lower rod was fouling against it . As you see the pics is how it is , left like that . I cut the heat shield with tin snips .

I've had no issues so far .

Volvo S40
I see, mine doesn't foul the piece under the shifter for some reason. Reassuring that you've had no issues though. I will see if I can attach mine back together somehow but if not may just do away with them as you have. Thanks again.