ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DAB stick on aerials - side window

Hi all, So lets say that perhaps I was in a bit of a rush last year and stuck an internal DAB aerial on the underside of the dash in the passenger footwell. 1. Because I didn't want it on the windscreen. 2. I had no time a this point and 3. Stupidly thought a large amount of metal, plastic wiring above it wouldn't affect signal.

Guess what, it does. Works well apart from a few random spots, ie. low bits in the road which are fairly common here.

Anyone fitted it to the rear side window? Or just get a a replacement roof aerial and faff around with removal of headlining etc.?
Cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The roof mounted ones usually give the best reception, so if you want to give yourself the best chance of sorting out not-spots you'll have to faf.

IIRC the JVC Hal-3 is the one to go for.

Fitted to the side rear window in the top front corner and it seems to be pretty good so far, cleared the dead spots I had before so I will test more next time I'm out in the sticks. Managed to tuck under the headlining edge and inside the A-pillar cover pretty easily. Cheers @R3k1355 anyway, if it gets worse again I'll go all out.