ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Da / Menz polish question

clio 182FF
So I started a thread a few days ago asking for buying advice etc.

I have now received my order and tried out the kit today. The kit was the following:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...ion-polisher-menzerna-intro-kit/prod_720.html

Along with a green hex pad and a few other little bits for general detailing. Anyway my first bit of confusion is that the polishes seem to be different to the website name? Mine are called pf 2500 and ff3000. (power finish and final finish). I see this po85 number about but does this correspond to these polishes? I looked on the Menz website as well as searching but if anything that has confused me more.

I'm trying mainly to see where in the range these polishes come. I would assume they are rrelatively non abrasive compared to there otherr products as it has finish in the name?

So next problem is that I believe my technique is good enough to see results but they aren't quite what I expected. SSwirls are clearly reduced but there are still ones left as well. I eventually ended up on the compounding pad with the more aggressive power finish. I didn't do too much with that for scare of stroke through but I'm assuming I can't be anywhere near that if swirls are still taking forever to go? ( assuming the paint clear coat was of average thickness)

Any help much appreciated

clio 182FF
That link had helped some what. Thanks! Still a little confused with the numbering though. They seem to often have 2 products with the same shelf name yet different number after them and seem to be similar polishes. Has to be one of the most confusing product ranges?!

Yes I'm learning more and more at the moment. A question I have is this:

I do a full run on pad and polish. In this instance let's say I had worked unto my most aggressive combo of power finish and a compound pad. I finish the passes etc and see that so,e swirls have gone but some remain. Now technique aside ssurely it's safe to assume i have taken very little clearcoat off here as even swirls remain. And on that note surely Im safe to go to a more aggressive polish? I don't see what there is to lose as its clear the previous combo had taken very little off the clearcoat? Any thoughts? WWould you recommend Fast gloss (fg500) for example? I realise with this I would more than likely need a run of final finish after?

Maybe this sounds very aggressive? All I know is I spent maybe 2 hours on a bonnet which although is visibly better still has swirls and its a bit disheartening after all that time to get sub par results

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Fast gloss is not something a beginner should take to a car, maybe a scrap panel.

It's technique mate, I was exactly the same when I started. So stepping up compounds is not recommended. you cant judge swirls without plenty of experience, or balls out attack, or a paint depth gauge to check how much you're removing.