ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

d’oh!

Ive got some HUGE 6.5" Front Speakers lined up for my clio (which i dont yet own)

i will have to make some kind of custom pod to fit them. But i have just realised that the window winder might catch on the build or the Speaker grille.

If i mount a 6.5" Speaker Flat in my door, Where the standard 5.25" speaker goes, Will the window winder hit the speaker grille ?

The car is a 1992 3door with no speaker in the door panel (yet)

Will i be better steering away from these 6.5" speakers and going for some 5.25" Alpine Components or something similar? or will my 6.5"s go in place no problem?

Im not sure which clio a 1.4Fidji is, but this is how i fitted 6.5" speakers in the 5.25" holes in my mk2 172. This was as far as id got by the end of yesterday, now have sound deadening to add to the doors and then a part of the door card to cut away and then to fit back on. Have to say its been worth the effort fitting them, its sounds amazing now:D

just to add the most difficult part by far was getting the new speaker wire from the car into the door, I got stuck and had to get my mate to help out. It involoved taking the plug out thats in the door hinge and drilling it out so that the speaker wire will fir through

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I think it would be a lot of hassle to fit 6.5s in a mk1 door. Probably better to use some 5.25in speakers that will fit straight in and run them off a decent amp. On a mk1 you also have to drill out the plugs in the doors to get some decent wiring in which is a fiddly (sp?) job but well worth it, especially if your spending a lot of cash on the speakers.

Rick

Its gonna be the same hassle to fit 13cms or 17cms as my mk1 doest have holes or grilles for speakers. So i may aswel

mailto:m@thew">m@thew are those the Pioneer Flagship 6.5" components ?

I just wanna know if my 6.5s will knock on the Window winder when im winding down or up my window....

Ill take a grille to work on sunday and put it to the door card and attempt to wind the window down lol.

I rekon theirs quite a good chance of it working now that ive had a second look at the door :)

Rite i have just figured out using adobe photoshop that i should be able to get the 6.5"s in easily. My calculations showed that the grile off my 6.5" is 17.5cm and this is equal to 135% of 13cm. Theirfor usingthe original speaker in the door card photo, i increased it to 135% and moved it a little biit forward. I then went on to put the window winder in a seperate layer andused the free rotate thingy to "wind it up" thus proving that it shouldnt knock on the speaker grille!! :D

Revels Mum & Sister

Is a fiddly ass job to run cables into the door. Neatly. I did that in my valver as the Crossovers are in the pockets where the tweeters sit, behind the tweeter.

I used 5.25" Speakers (JL XRs) and amped them up. Sounds really good. Not major major loud, but good quality. The window winder shouldnt hit the speakers mate if you position them correctly. If they do then buy some aftermarket winders!. Sure some somwhere would be shorter!

The only thing ive gotta worry about now is the PHAT ASS magnet on the speaker being hit by the window lol.

Will probably make a trim or some kind of build to move them out a little :)