ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cylinder 3 misfiring

CSX

172 CUP!
Called RAC out and Cylinder 3 is misfiring when they plugged laptop in. Car starts fine, idle fines drives okish then goes lumpy, goes ok then lumpy etc. Replaced Leads/Plugs and this seems to have made it a lil better but still lumping. Signs of a f**ked coilpack? thats the next thing to try... just after opinions :)

Megane 225 F1
Was the coils when this happened to mine. I got mine done under warrenty but unfortunatly the warrenty only covered the broken part and labour so only they broken pencil coil was replaced. The car has 4 different types of coils becasue of this lol. Im going to get a full set soon and fix the idle problem once and for all.

clio sport ph1 172
yeah it could be the coil pack or your tps as mine did that took it for a diagnostic check and the tps was buggered only worked when it felt like it. doubt your is that thou as its misfiring on only one cylinder, id go for the coil pack that sound about right to me.

clio 172 ph1
i am having the same problem with my 172 i have baught some new spark plugs but i have no engineering knowlage at all just wondered if it was safe to take the top part of the engine off myself to get to the plugs or am i better off taking it to a garage, as it looks simple to do but dont want to cause more problems

CSX

172 CUP!
I got a friendly nebighor to help me, long as ur careful... didnt fancy getting raped by a garage...

Just poured a bottle of fuel injector stuff in... opened up for a few mins and is slightly getting better.... Reckon doing this for a few days might clear the problem? Always fill up with V Power ... usually get issues if i use some crap stuff... Booked in with garage in case this fails but gotta wait a week :(