ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV joints or top mounts.- whats my issue??

172 Cup
car is a 52 plate 172 cup done 58k miles

moving at full lock in slow circles i get a clicking from drivers side front when turning right, and the passanger side front when turning left. is this going to be the cv joints or am i lucky enough to have the knocking top mounts issue? maybe even the steering rack?

any help would be appriciated before taking it to a garage?

thanks

Clio 172mk2
jack front end up see if theres any play in wheels horizontally then vertically.

have you tried the top washer fix, depends where the noise is tbh

172 Cup
Thanks biojo, i will jack it up this evening and shake the wheel about and see what happens. I have got some of the washers as well now so i will stick those on and see if it still makes a noise. If it is still clicking with the washers on do you think it could be some worn ball joints or is it most likely going to be the CV joints? Seems strange for both CV joints to be gone unless the car has been abused before i bought it!

Will let you know my findings...