ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cv hoint/ driveshaft help

Hi i have a 52 reg clio 172 cup and i need the outer cv joint replacing as its clicking, have managed to get a new one from euro car parts but the one that comes off the old shaft is different.

Ive read a few threads on here and people seem to think that you have to replace the whole shaft, is this correct??

And if so is the cup shaft any different to the normal 172 shaft?

Thanks

Dan

53 Clio's & counting
its alot easier to replace the whole shaft mate, and yes the cup shaft is different, lack of abs ring

my local motorfactors and euro car parts say they can supply me a shaft, and thats using my reg to identify the car? so is this renault only or not?

SQ5
Go to Renault for this if I were you. I went to a motor factors for a pattern part which was correct, everything matched up but the shaft was completely different.

Genuine all the way!

Black Gold Trophy
motorfactors will often claim they have the parts you need but they are quite often complete time wasters.

eg: a mate of mine needed a lower arm (wishbone) for his 182, euro car parts said they had it, waited a few days for it, arrived and it was missing the fixing points for the anti roll bar.

just been to renault and they want £220 for the driveshaft which is expensive but i dont trust any motorfactors to get me the right part first time and i cant be chewed on with the hassle