ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boot ?

Flame Red 172
Hi Guys

I've bin told on a recent service i need a new cv boot, can someone tell me what it actually does and what would happen if i dont replace it ? is it something that would need doing sharpish or would there be no rush to get it done ?

Cheers

Mark

Get it done ASAP. All the CV grease gets everywhere and it's a bugger to clean!!

It shouldn't be disastrous mechanically in the very short term, but I'd get it fixed sharpish.

I HATE CV grease!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Get it done ASAP. All the CV grease gets everywhere and it's a bugger to clean!!

It shouldn't be disastrous mechanically in the very short term, but I'd get it fixed sharpish.

I HATE CV grease!!
+1 stinks like piss and is really messy.

Flame Red 172
Haha ok then , ill get it booked in soon how much am i looking at to get it done because i wouldnt be able to do it myself

Ph2 Clio 172
Get it fixed before you get grease all over your wheel arch and wheel. I've just had mine done, but not got round to cleaning the mess up yet.

Ranges from about £50 to £75 depending on where you get it done.

ITB'd MK1
s**t messy job to do, minimum of an hour really, plus parts. The wrong emphasis is being put on the issue here though, ignore the fact grease makes a mess of your wheel, if the CV joint drys out you will need a new driveshaft very quickly, and that'll cost you £250 for a brand new one

Clio 172 cup
Do it yourself, only a 2 hour job

you need a stretchy boot and a fitting cone and a tube of your girlfriends ky jelly.

I used durex lube which worked really well

clio mk1 RSI
as sideways danny says the issue is not the mess it makes , basically its a rubber cone that fits over your CV joint to protect it from the elements. Get it sorted ASAP before you mess up the CV joint , and if your doing it yourself get the proper grease durex lube is not advisable LMAO.

Ph2 Clio 172
Filling up the cone with Durex lube before stretching over a rubber....

This thread has gone in a whole new direction! lol

Clio 172 cup
FFS. Right for all of you that has clearly never fitted a cv boot before.

The lube is smeared on the fitting cone. The boot is then turned inside out and then stretched over the cone.

No lube ever enters the inside of the boot ever