ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom springs

Titanium 182
I'm going to try a ring a few places to get a couple quotes for some customer springs on the back, I want to get preferably 100mm but do I day to them what my car is and I want 100mm lower springs? Have to tell them the current size to how I want them? Does anyone know the drop of ta technix coilovers rear springs with no adjuster?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Coil springs in Sheffield can make you some.

The length also depends on spring rate, whether the back is stripped out, whether you carry any load in the boot or passengers etc.

So, what do you use the car for, what do you have in the back, how stiff do you want it, what spring rates do you have on the front?

Titanium 182
Coil springs in Sheffield can make you some.

The length also depends on spring rate, whether the back is stripped out, whether you carry any load in the boot or passengers etc.

So, what do you use the car for, what do you have in the back, how stiff do you want it, what spring rates do you have on the front?

I only carry my sub in the boot, I never have passengers in the back, I wouldn't want them too stiff but I'm on ta technix coilovers so they're quite crashy

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I only carry my sub in the boot, I never have passengers in the back, I wouldn't want them too stiff but I'm on ta technix coilovers so they're quite crashy

Crashy isn't just the spring rate. It's also down to the dampers. It would probably be low enough with some 250lb 6" springs. I've got a pair in the garage not far off that, I'll have to check what they are.

Titanium 182
Crashy isn't just the spring rate. It's also down to the dampers. It would probably be low enough with some 250lb 6" springs. I've got a pair in the garage not far off that, I'll have to check what they are.

Well they are cheap coilovers so its you get what you pay for really isnt it, all i want if for the topmof the tyre to sit in the arch.