ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

custom modded k-tec Mk2 stealth

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
As you all know that k-tec^s Mk2 stealth fits perfectly and well made. But the sound was extremely loud to me. I decided to check it out how the inside of the mid-silencer looked. Guess what!!! No sound insulation material.

Pics taken when the outer sleeve removed.

Before

stealth2vl3.jpg

Drilled some more holes on the tubing

After

stealth1zb2.jpg

Wrapped the tube with some more sound-proofing material and re-welded it.

Will do the same thing to the back silencer tomorrow.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
good idea. Best fitting exhaust i had on the cup, but the noise :dead:

Far to sharp and raspy. Was only on a week!!!!

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
thanks m8's. video is on its way as soon as I am done with the back box. This is how it should have left K-TEC :)

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1

Too embarrassed to hit the limiter even on the high-way. So it is good to know that I am not alone.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Too embarrassed to hit the limiter even on the high-way. So it is good to know that I am not alone.

I feel your pain......... wwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooo rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaasssssssssssspppppppp. First time i give the car some beans i was like WTF??!!!!! :dead: :dead:

Just sounds 'weird' lol

'02 MG TF160
'Wierd', but certainly addictive!

It goads me into driving to the limiter so i can make it do its little vocal tricks, and ends up with me doing 23mpg!!!

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
you would not beleive that there was no sound-proofing material at all in both centre section and back box originally.

At the moment, I got k-tec silenced decat + re-silenced stealth centre section + remus (clio RS) back box on the car and they sound pretty good. Neither rasp nor loud but when you give the car beans you now they are there.

Saturday, revised back box will be ready and it will be swapped.

Now I got the idea behind the back box design, gas-flow impinges on the back surface of the outer sleeve and this reflected gas back flows through a pipe then exits the siliencer. I am revising the geomety to make it quiter.

Last edited: