ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom made exhausts, suggestions?

Hi guys, im looking to replace my Clio 1.2 soon for a Clio 1.2 TCE and what ive learnt is the best thing to do is get a custom made exhaust... Im just wondering if you have any suggestions and how much roughly are we looking at, i went onto Ktec and a downpipe was £230 and a rather terrible looking exhuast, ( not sure if just back box or whole system was £300+ )

I of course dont mind paying £500 for a full system as long as its tailored to what i would want, style etc...

any help would be great, thanks!

not for me to poo poo anyone's modification dreams but why would spend £500 on an exhaust for a 1.2 engine. All my first cars we small engined and underpowered and i never understood why people spunked loads of cash on them:p good luck though

not for me to poo poo anyone's modification dreams but why would spend £500 on an exhaust for a 1.2 engine. All my first cars we small engined and underpowered and i never understood why people spunked loads of cash on them:tongueout: good luck though

Currently got a 1.2 16v non turbo and the Exhuast on that was £150 plus fitting including decat. It is a question I get asked by a few people... But I love modifying cars and love the sound, and I guess so do the millions of other people with their first/second/third car :p

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I know it could be a bit of a trek but I got mine done at Infinity Exhausts, just off junction 16 of M4 (near Swindon). They made it while I waited and was a bout three hours.

I know it could be a bit of a trek but I got mine done at Infinity Exhausts, just off junction 16 of M4 (near Swindon). They made it while I waited and was a bout three hours.

Price wise? And what kind of spec?

I'm looking for a downpipe/decat straight through twin 3" just like on the later RS clios

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Price wise? And what kind of spec?

I'm looking for a downpipe/decat straight through twin 3" just like on the later RS clios
I paid £440 fitted and lifetime warrenty for a 2.25" system including a decat and centre silencer with choice of tip and noise (everything apart from the manifold, which they do make there if you really want). Utter bargain I thought.
By the looks of it they will do anything you want. A proper range of cars they have done too from their Facebook page

I paid £440 fitted and lifetime warrenty for a 2.25" system including a decat and centre silencer with choice of tip and noise (everything apart from the manifold, which they do make there if you really want). Utter bargain I thought.
By the looks of it they will do anything you want. A proper range of cars they have done too from their Facebook page

Will have to seriously shop around, thanks for the tip! No pun intended.

Don't mind paying £400-500 as long as it really is the bees knees