ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom ECU map Opinions

Renault Laguna Coupe

Im getting a superchip done soon (after the Midland RR day). For an extra £50 or so I can get a custom map setup on a rolling road. Relevant mods are Magnex cat-back and PiperX panel filter. Is it worth the extra to get a custom map?

H22A7 Accord Type R

does the custom mean u can specify it to work better with ur filter and exhaust? if it does, when my mate had his VTR chipped at Well Lane Turbo Centre, they asked him if it had any mods, so they could include them in the setup, and that was just a standard superchip fee i believe?! If, indeed, that is what you mean? Cheers, Rob

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yeah thats what I mean Rob - they can take account of the differences (ok theyre only small) that the mods make so you end up with a sort of customised superchip.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Hehe Fred - well see! Im going to get a baseline chart at the Midlands RR day then see what improvements London Superchips can make. I reckon its gotta be worth the extra for a custom map even without a Viper.

H22A7 Accord Type R

i just find it strange u need to pay extra! but yeah, thats the only reason id have mine done. i wont get an induction kit without gettin it chipped n set-up properly

Because they have standard chips to sort out flat spots and the like, for a standard car. Yours aint, so its customised, so theyre going to charge more arent they!

H22A7 Accord Type R

so does that mean that a non standard chip will give more bhp due to being set-up for, mainly, extra air flow equipment?? commonly for our engines, its about a 5bhp gain aint it.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Thats the idea. Make the most of your mods. Strange though - I phoned Superchips HQ and they wanted £300 to do this on top of the Superchip price. Other places (like London Superchips) will do it for less than £100 on top of the standard Superchip price.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Mike

The standard map is for a standard car......its got to be the full monty.

The reason London Superchips can do it cheaper is because they can make allowances with the fitting charges and rolling road, the chip/file still costs them the same.

Hopefully the rollers at the meet will convince you after my run;) or Johns...if hes going.

Im still around guys! :D

Mike, you know what youve got to do, custom means they really do tweek it for your car, as we all know these 172 engines are all different, some quite majorly, so the only proper chipping is a custom map with tweeks done for your motor.

Ill be at the Midlands RR day, and youve already been out in mine (although the direct air feed wasnt connected at the time hehe)