ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

custom built and imported carputer

modded 04 Clio 1.2
i have just bought all the bits i need to put a comp in my clio, however, i need a wiring diagram for my clio (2004 1.2 expression) to make best use from the setup. please if someone has access to good quality diagrams please pm/email me d.hall40 at ntlworld.com

this is a long shot but does anyone have any ideas whether i could use the stalk controls to change tracks.

the setup up im going for is:

pc:

jetway board w/ via c7 mini itx mobo (low power usage, imported from usa)
1 gig ddr2 (ultra low power ram)
160 gig sata seagate 7200rpm (low power, high shock resistance)
m2-atx 160W intelligent dc-dc psu
Voom pc car enclosure
4 port mini usb hub (to be molded into the dash at a laterstage)
laptop dvd writer (as above)
7" lilliput touchscreen(as above)
future upgrades:
3 in 1 aerial (gps, radio/tv, wireless)
gps reciever (usb)
tv card w/ remote (usb)
2 headrest monitors (incluiding switches and amps)
OBD-2 iso connector + software (onboard diags/sensor readings)
parallel actuators (to control car solenoids :cool: ie door locks, electric windows, neons etc)

ice:

cwappy sony HU (once pc all setup with radio/tv will do away with this)
2 x 12" alphasonik 900W rms subs
2 x 10" sony 1000W max subs
1 x boss blx 4000W 2ch amp
future upgrades:
full fibreglass boot/door card/rear quarter panel install
8" subs + components in custom door cards
components in rear seats
however many amps and batteries need for good quality sound
alternator isolator to charge batteries

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Can't find a Jetway board with a C7 processor. C3, yes, C7, no. What's the model and/or where's it from?

And a 3.5" HDU is an unusual choice. Does it fit on the Voom case? I thought they only took 2.5" drives.

modded 04 Clio 1.2
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6883288224&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

thats the board, from what ive checked out, its not available in the uk for another couple of months.
the case does only take a 2.5" drive, however i am going to be externally mounting the hdd, if that doesnt work then i can shove it in my PC and buy a laptop hdd :(.
i decided on a sata to keep the speed of the system up, rather than buying all the good stuff then then having to skimp on a small, cheap laptop hdd.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I had a look on the Jetway web site and they don't list any such a motherboard. But that happens a lot with motherboards.

You've picked the second best mini-ITX CPU.

Here's a board that uses the best one.

http://www.commell.com.tw/Product/SBC/LV-668.HTM

AMD's Geode NX CPU is simply a renamed socket A Athlon XP-M slowed down to use less power. It uses more power but its got way more performance than the C7.

You're right that that 3.5" S-ATA HDU would be faster than the average 2.5" laptop HDU. But that's because 3.5" drives are faster than 2.5" drives, not because S-ATA drives are faster than P-ATA drives. And 3.5" drives are made to fit in desktop computer, so they usually aren't made to take the shocks that 2.5" laptop drives are. You've made things difficult for yourself by mounting the drive externally to the Voom case. It hardly seems worth the trouble in a car computer. You are going to have to run power out to it and you are going to have to shock mount it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i would have went for a 5400rpm laptop hard drive, uses a lot less power than a 7200rpm 3.5" and stands up to shocks better which is ideal for a car computer.

modded 04 Clio 1.2
your right about the dif between hard drives, but i think the sacrifice of some reliability for speed is more than worth it.

if i knew about the amd geode i may have gone for that because i prefer AMD. saying that however those boards do not seem to have as many options as the jetway, such as pcmcia daughter card and ddr2 and only 2 usb connectors as opposed to 8. again its all about compromise and i think the system i have set up (well when my case arrives) is the most well rounded and future proof.

getting back to my problem, does anyone know where i can get (preferably download) some wiring diagrams for my 04 clio.

thanks